• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually Henry Brookes is getting them through pretty nicely. Been about five years since I've heard of him. 4-3-1-4 at the current time.

Starfighter

6/20 for Brookes. Looked like he was working up a good head of steam and was nibbling it away. I wonder if this might give him the confidence to fulfil the talent that he has.

Looks like Yorks sent both Fisher and Edwards in as night watchmen to protect Bairstow.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I went to Taunton yesterday for the first time since 2005. Remarkable how the ground has been transformed since then.

Molehill

International Captain
Only taken Sussex 8 mins to lose 2 wickets (decent bowling conditions) and Smith is now in the middle.

Molehill

International Captain
Smith has basically been a nervy, jittery mess so far (which I know is kind of him anyway). Lucky to survive somehow edging a yorker over his stumps and wafting at wide ones. Finally got off the mark when putting a long hop away.

Are there two more different batsmen to see together than him and Pujara?

Molehill

International Captain
Smith out lbw for 30, didn't seem chuffed with the decision. At best it was probably clipping the top of leg stump.

Molehill

International Captain
Hatrick for Neser against Yorkshire, Bairstow watched all 3 fall from the non-strikers end and now finds himself with the tail.

Molehill

International Captain
Neser heard the talk about not performing in England and took it personally, it seems
Apparently the 2nd and 3rd wickets were both leaves by the batsmen who then saw their stumps rattled, it was hooping.

Bairstow left stranded on 20.

Starfighter

Surely we're going to try and get Neser into the test squads.
We'll see. My worry with him is that if the ball's not moving they'll go after him. Because of his bendy-legged action he's not exactly quick or bouncy. I'm not convinced that Boland should necessarily play ahead of him though.

The problem is it looks like they're still gonna play Hazlewood, who I would't ordinarily object to except that he'll have only bowled four overs in any match before the tests. And playing him before he's gradually worked his way back in first class tends to end up with him injured again in a jiffy.