• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v India subforum?

Are you in favour of a subforum for the England v India Test Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borges

International Regular
Changed my mind - in favour
I've changed my mind too. In favour of a subforum now.

Any chance of a u-turn if current voting trends continue, mods?

(You don't get if you don't ask)
Don't think popular sentiment would be a deciding factor. My experience of internet bulletin boards in general is that they are run essentially like medieval petty fiefdoms.

Would be delightfully surprised if CricketWeb is different.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've changed my mind too. In favour of a subforum now.

Don't think popular sentiment would be a deciding factor. My experience of internet bulletin boards in general is that they are run essentially like medieval petty fiefdoms.

Would be delightfully surprised if CricketWeb is different.
Nice strategic posting there to ensure we do get the subforum, there.. :)

Borges

International Regular
Nice strategic posting there to ensure we do get the subforum, there.. :)
Not really. Most of them are quite open about admitting that they are fiefdoms.

In my view, nothing wrong about that either. Since I have complete unfettered freedom to leave if I don't like it somewhere. And since only those who run it know what the commercial compulsions are; what might attract more eyeballs and therefore more ads; in this specific instance, the difficulties involved in moderating multiple subforums; and so forth.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not really. Most of them are quite open about admitting that they are fiefdoms.

In my view, nothing wrong about that either. Since I have complete unfettered freedom to leave if I don't like it somewhere. And since only those who run it know what the commercial compulsions are; what might attract more eyeballs and therefore more ads; in this specific instance, the difficulties involved in moderating multiple subforums; and so forth.
yeah and gotta say that James and the staff and mod team here do a pretty great job of it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's still under discussion to an extent. Fair to say that at this stage it may not go ahead, as (I believe) there isn't that much cricket on at the same time and it can often be reasonably quiet in CC during the English season, so it means that the series will not dwarf other series' on at the time.

Personally, I don't particularly like the idea of having separate match threads that sit in Cricket Chat, and if we need to do that then a sub-forum would be better suited to that, but I'm not sure exactly what the format will be at this stage.

EDIT: and yes, obviously the Ashes are also held in England during the season, but that has led to the virtual desertion of Cricket Chat at times. It's up for discussion about whether or not this current series will be bigger in terms of discussion than what the Ashes have been.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't really mind whether we have a subforum to be honest. But I think we barely need half the level of discussion the Ashes got before a single tour thread becomes incomprehensible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks for the response Jack :)

And I agree with Jake. If people are going to be allowed to create as many threads relating to the series in CC as are required, then I'd be fine with that but the thought of everything being merged into a 14,000 post tour thread is a bit....daunting

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thanks for the response Jack :)

And I agree with Jake. If people are going to be allowed to create as many threads relating to the series in CC as are required, then I'd be fine with that but the thought of everything being merged into a 14,000 post tour thread is a bit....daunting
I was always of the opinion that we will have seperate match threads and discussion threads for this tour within CC.. And maybe later on it can be put into a subforum and archived..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must admit I've come round on the sub-forum issue. CC is already clogged up with this so I think we need one.

More discussion about results from 2002 than the actual Eng/SL test that starts tomorrow.