• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v India subforum?

Are you in favour of a subforum for the England v India Test Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
wth is a subthread?

If there is a worry about too many different forums cloggin up the place, there are several at the moment that are barely used and appear to serve not too much purpose. Mods seem keen to set up a sub forum evertime the latest FOTM simming league starts up

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not a fan of sub-forums as I feel it alienates the neutrals if you open one for bilateral series. I am ok for seperate threads for each game though, if that makes sense..

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not a fan of sub-forums as I feel it alienates the neutrals if you open one for bilateral series. I am ok for seperate threads for each game though, if that makes sense..
This is my opinion too. I would like to see as many people contributing to the discussion as possible, rather than just England-India fans. I would also like to see as many new members as possible able to find the discussion, and also have them posting in other threads in CC when they come initially to talk about England-India.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Before I vote could someone tell me how a "subthread" differs from a "subforum", please?

Want to be clear on what I'm voting on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is my opinion too. I would like to see as many people contributing to the discussion as possible, rather than just England-India fans. I would also like to see as many new members as possible able to find the discussion, and also have them posting in other threads in CC when they come initially to talk about England-India.
Genuine question, was this your opinion on the Ashes forum too?

Plenty of new members have found their way to the discussions during the last three Ashes series and two WCs. Obviously this series isn't as big an event as any of those but there's stil no reason why a new member wouldn't easily find the discussion in the same way.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
but u didn't vote, silly.. :p

Teja.

Global Moderator
Before I vote could someone tell me how a "subthread" differs from a "subforum", please?

Want to be clear on what I'm voting on.
Reckon Furball meant a thread above the general CC topics linking to the Sub-forum like with WC/FWC and not the linking thread being outside CC like with the Ashes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Genuine question, was this your opinion on the Ashes forum too?

Plenty of new members have found their way to the discussions during the last three Ashes series and two WCs. Obviously this series isn't as big an event as any of those but there's stil no reason why a new member wouldn't easily find the discussion in the same way.
I know I posted a lot less in the Ashes subforum only coz it was a subforum and very rarely venture out of CC on CW...

In before you guys say it was a good thing.. :p

Teja.

Global Moderator
I can only talk from experience but one of the main reasons I continued to post on CW beyond my first day is because people were responsive and welcoming to my posting even as a newb.

New members almost always make reasonably large posts for their first few and not general wisecracks or :laugh:s. In light of that, I reckon most new members will find it much more encouraging to expound their views on Pieterson's technique against slow bowling in an existing Pieterson/subject-related thread, have a few people respond and say 'Welcome to CW mate :)' rather than spend 15 min making the post in a match/tour thread for it to disappear in 10 min under 10 pages of general adrenalin pumped one-line match posts.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A poll in CC would be a reasonable indicator of what the aam junta (that's 'general public' for you Hindi illiterates :p) prefer.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can only talk from experience but one of the main reasons I continued to post on CW beyond my first day is because people were responsive and welcoming to my posting even as a newb.

New members almost always make reasonably large posts for their first few and not general wisecracks or :laugh:s. In light of that, I reckon most new members will find it much more encouraging to expound their views on Pieterson's technique against slow bowling in an existing Pieterson/subject-related thread, have a few people respond and say 'Welcome to CW mate :)' rather than spend 15 min making the post in a match/tour thread for it to disappear in 10 min under 10 pages of general adrenalin pumped one-line match posts.
lol.. u missed our point completely.. There will still be seperate threads for each match and other things related to the tour if people want.. Juz wont be a subforum, will instead be all part of CC..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But will it? If I want to discuss the the selection of RP Singh (random example) as cover for an injured Sreesanth, it'll be moved to the actual tour threads won't it? I can't have a thread discussing whether this is a good or bad move etc.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep, almost certainly. And if it isn't then you have CC effectively becoming an England-India subforum which is surely more intimidating to new members than a subforum.