• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
blue doing very well, im happy to be second leading run scorer in the 25smash game, blewy is killing it though!
also happy withy my FC form, id like to turn at least one of those 5 fifties into centuries though....

good stuff liam, ur a champ....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Oh my god blacks, we are so safe its unbelievable, streaking away in 5 day and pretty well up there in OD and 25Smash. Pickup has been inspirational both as a captain and as a destructive bowler, Chaulky and CButs kicking ass in the batting front. Long may it continue

Ona personal note, Need to improve my List A wicket taking but my ER is ok.

5 day is going pretty well, best strike rate apart from one wicket wonder Symonds and decent batting average for a lower order player.

Add in decent 25smash and its been a pretty good debut season so far

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
A couple of wins in the five day game have pulled us greenies back up the ladder a wee bit, In not a bad position at this point in the year at 3rd or 4th on the table in all forms of the game...just need to show a little more consistance in the secong half of the season to push us on towards the top of the tables.

Go Green!

On a Personal Note...
lol....i've got the 4th highest batting ave. and the 2nd best bowling ave. in the five day variation:D....both my batting and bowling fall away in the other forms of CW cricket thou:(

Loony BoB

International Captain
Interesting. Looking at the preseasons stats I got sent by Liam, maybe Majin could get a shot? I'll send him a note asking him to post in here, he's back in Cornwall now so only has access to PC's when he's at the netcafé, but his stats read pretty well, both batting and bowling in the 30's... 35 bat 32 bowl. Could help us at Green move along. :)

Nice to see I'm not doing toooo badly in the stats, although I'm feeling the pressure. Surprised that we've lost not one but two 25Smash games, must have forgotten about one early in the season. :( Oh well, we'll get back up top, no worries. C'mon boys, keep at 'em, time to put a bit more into it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
*Is mightily impressed at his 38 wickets... and his batting average of 1.29 and rating of 3*

Where are the Blacks' 25Smash averages?!

I'm liking Brad Hogg's fielding rating - there's always one worse than me :D

Good to see the Black boys in 1st, 1st and 2nd nonetheless :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My bowling is good, but I am wondering why I'm not getting very many overs compaed with some other bowlers - need to work on my batting a bit too - 15 is a bit low for my liking.

Cloete

International Captain
Interesting. Blewy is killing it in 25 smash and doing well in OD. I'm doing well in 4D (average of 52) and pretty well for 25smash (average of 36). So I think we both need to start scoring in the other form that should hopefully hold our batting up. The trouble with the bowling is that it's normally the same four bowlers taking the wickets.

A few of the inexperienced batsmen need to lift, and every bowler needs to put in! Anyway best of luck still Greens and let's get into some winning ways!!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Im second in the bowling averages for Red. In both forms.

Yes marc I sure do deserve to get dropped every game.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ok having a look at those averages, i am 2nd in both one day forms, and i know i am struggling in 5day. take andre out of our 5d ladder and our highest ave is 29, so um throwing the blame, certain ppls way would definately go right threw the team dont u think.its good to see everyone is doing so well.. well i am happy to sit out as per the skipper saying i am struggling to make the side in certain forms. happy to watch from the sidelines.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
Im second in the bowling averages for Red. In both forms.

Yes marc I sure do deserve to get dropped every game.
You've not been dropped for every game...

You were suspended for a game, when Kennett came in.

Since then in the 3 games, Reds have played 3 games and our 3 seamers records have been:

Kennett - 19 @ 18.89
Dave - 15 @ 29.40
Mr Wright - 13 @ 25.31

And more importantly, none of them have caused trouble.

In the last game, the 3 of them combined for 19 wickets, and in total they've 47 of a maximum 60.

Therefore you're not playing.

You were warned at the time that you wouldn't automatically get back in, and the way those 3 are going, it could be a long time before you do.

cbuts

International Debutant
great stats liam. where are blacks 25smash though??

nice to see me and bk smith ahve the highest odi partnership this season :D
and on a personal note be up the top for both runs and averages in the main forms of the game. :D
also great to see us on top of the 5day and 25smash table, and we are just behind in the odi but atleast we have a game in hand on the leaders. GREAT START TO THE SEASON BOYS

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
speaking to the skipper as we speak and we have sorted out our little problems with the batting and we will see if we can not get it going for the reds.appoligies to my team mates for not scoring runs.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Interesting. Looking at the preseasons stats I got sent by Liam, maybe Majin could get a shot? I'll send him a note asking him to post in here.............. Could help us at Green move along. :)
yeah hes definatley in with a shot, though it would be unlikley that he would do much bowling

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
bugssy said:
speaking to the skipper as we speak and we have sorted out our little problems with the batting and we will see if we can not get it going for the reds.appoligies to my team mates for not scoring runs.
i hope that's the last we hear of it bugssy. There's nothing worse than someone thinking he's above the team and trying to drop himself. If you were that keenon the reds u'd be here through thick and thin. I hope you decided that you are and stick with us and our captain