• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Your batting has been one of the higher points, and your bowling rather less so, so we're using your strength!

biased indian

International Coach
our team is not able to win more than a couple of matches at atime
come on guys we have to remove this bad habit

on personal front was happy with my second fifty and the side won aganist
RED Nice game

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Reds, certainly feels good after that shocking performance in 5 day cricket. Congrats Gibbs on your superb batting effort and to all the bolwers who kept it tight.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha 91* this smash game is too easy, unfortunate i missed out on my second century in this version of the game, but u cant have everything!
on a team note, good to be back putting in performances like that....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
great win reds, i wonder why i was dropped from opening in the one day game. and didnt bowl. was a lovely day in the parkk lol.

skip just wondering why i was dropped to the middle order but well done gibbs, great batting and the guys that supported him. great stuff.

ill shut up now!

ash chaulk

International Captain
i would like to go to request a stat thread and ask for most dropped catches this season but i don't think i really want to.

sorry SKDave.

awesome display by the blacks

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
yeah courageous win guys.

stick the greens back out into the pastures or some **** like that...
more not outs and more runs for me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
great win reds, i wonder why i was dropped from opening in the one day game. and didnt bowl. was a lovely day in the parkk lol.

Both are because your recent performances haven't been that great, with your record this season, you're lucky to still be getting selected in some forms of the game!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well that was a good close game, unfortunatley this one didn't go our way, the bowling was again quite solid, especially Rose and Timewell. the batting let us down abot, i thiink that those who batted were a little complacent, great effort by blewy to get us close.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Both are because your recent performances haven't been that great, with your record this season, you're lucky to still be getting selected in some forms of the game!

my batting scores this year are as follows

89 from 57 balls
0 from 2 balls
14 from 28 balls
21 from 24 balls
23 from 51 balls
3 from 3 balls
67 from 55 balls
8 from 11 balls
31 from 64 balls
8 from 10 balls
65 from 64 balls
36 from 24 balls
39 from 28 balls
2 from 4 balls
31 from 21 balls
87 from 69 balls
2 from 4 balls
0 from 2 balls
20 from 30 balls
22 from 66 balls

564 @ 28.4 which i admit isnt a great season. but im sure the team si struggling as a hole.

but if i am struggling taht bad i drop myself from the reds devs games. effective immediate until i get called up again. you suggest that i am struggling to make any forms, so i drop myself asap from the reds, so other ppl can have a dig and try to get the reds into a winning form.
and from the sounds of it that would be better of for the team also.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Bugs, that may be for 1D, 5D and Smash25, however, marc said some forms, now according to my stats I would guess that you are struggling at 5D (81 runs @ 10.13).

1D and Smash 25 are both good for you - 1D 183 runs @ 36.60, Smash 25 - 173 runs @ 43.25.

And i dont know where you pulled the 564 runs from, i can only account for 437 runs during the actual season (not including warmups). And 568 runs including warmups.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And the other problem is that the one day runs are very much in patches - when the team for the Smash game was submitted, you hadn't made the second score in OD.

Andre

International Regular
This is silly. We don't need a carry on like this. Let's select from our full squad and work from there - these sorts of discussions don't go forwards, and certainly won't help the Red cause. Lets support the XI on the field and let everything else look after itself.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andre said:
This is silly. We don't need a carry on like this. Let's select from our full squad and work from there - these sorts of discussions don't go forwards, and certainly won't help the Red cause. Lets support the XI on the field and let everything else look after itself.
Here, Here, Andre...let's move on and display this passion on the field rather than in the dressing room.