• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
another good win for the blacks. congrats to master blaster and superkingdave for excellent spells, and to rich for an excellent innings

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm another OD loss for Green. Dissapointing all round really, noone got on with teh job with the bat, except Loony Bob who was left strandard on 49. The bowling showed glimpses of its ability but failed to keep the runs down - Lord bowled well, being the only bowler to keep the runs below the required level, Rose also did well picking up 4 wickets.

Please note that I will be standing aside for the next OD game, try and find some consistancy in the nets. Lord will captain the side and Jamee will likley make his way into the side.

But first we have a 4d game to win :)

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well done reds forputting in a great team peformance with everyone putting there part in, happy with my 74* after the pressure of the last couple of weeks, dissapointed not to turn it into triple figures but we all have to strat somewhere and a run a ball 74 is a good start. well done guys. we are however still dropping some catches but good effort.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
good win guys. we're starting to find a way out've this slump we got ourselves into.

2 drop catches for me and only 17... things have got to pick up... but glad i could be part of the win

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Terrible.....5 runs and 0/40....performances like that will see me doing it tough to make the Green under 10s side :@. (Well done to Rose, Bob and Blewy...hopefully the heavey infantry will be turning up sometime :dry: )

Bring on the Poms :@.

age_master said:
Hmm another OD loss for Green. Dissapointing all round really, noone got on with teh job with the bat, except Loony Bob who was left strandard on 49. The bowling showed glimpses of its ability but failed to keep the runs down - Lord bowled well, being the only bowler to keep the runs below the required level, Rose also did well picking up 4 wickets.

Please note that I will be standing aside for the next OD game, try and find some consistancy in the nets. Lord will captain the side and Jamee will likley make his way into the side.

But first we have a 4d game to win :)
No wonder we have been doing it tough in a few of the 5 day games....some of our players only turn up for 4. :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm impressed - some great bowling, a thoroughly well paced chase, and nobody cared (I hope!) that the keeper dropped a catch ;) Well done!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Go Black Army - The Team Works :)

Lovin the trauma over at reds - at Blacks you can feel the Love

Keep it up

Nice knock Rich

Just lets all practise our catches man- it could cost us

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
arrrrgh!! our batting was poor and our fielding even poorer!! whats up with all those dropped catches?!?!?!? far out... thats just not fair for the bowlers who put in all the work.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
how come age?

Good game.. although we should have really won that.. if our batting held up to score probably 50 odd more runs we could have been in chance of winning the game, just shows that everyone needs to put in more effort into the batting.. including myself... ive been falling off of late.. i think i need to concentrate more harder on getting goin..
Our bowling was good , although i was unlucky to have 2 wickets :)

Like the cap said lets work on winnin this 4day game :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
well done reds forputting in a great team peformance with everyone putting there part in, happy with my 74* after the pressure of the last couple of weeks, dissapointed not to turn it into triple figures but we all have to strat somewhere and a run a ball 74 is a good start. well done guys.

100% agree.

All the tactical changes looked to have worked, and a great way to show we are a TEAM.

I think you would've cruised past 100 if we hadn't run out of target bugs!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Very dissapointed to be 12th man. Thought i was a chance to make the 11 after a mediocre performance in the smash25

cbuts

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Even though I have the support of the senior players from CW Red?

Can I ask you which of the 3 seamers should be dropped to make way for the egocentric Mr Ponting?

And may I ask what it has to do with you as a CW Black player?

your posting in a public forum. b, i dont think he should of been dropped anyway. hey im not gonna say anything else on this matter, just stop bitching aboutthis whole issue please

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cbuts said:
your posting in a public forum. b, i dont think he should of been dropped anyway. hey im not gonna say anything else on this matter, just stop bitching aboutthis whole issue please
These are matters to deal with Season 7, and are therefore appropriate. If you don't like what you read, just don't read it. You opened yourself up for scrutiny when you decided to have your two cents worth on the issue.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Go Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done Zebra and Bugssy(and the whole team) for your matchwinning performances

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
cbuts said:
Your captain has requested that your side stay out of the matter. You'd be well advised to follow him on that.

cbuts

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
These are matters to deal with Season 7, and are therefore appropriate. If you don't like what you read, just don't read it. You opened yourself up for scrutiny when you decided to have your two cents worth on the issue.
wats ur point.
if u read my post i clearly decided to listen to my captin and stay out of the matter.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...actually now you seem to be in the middle of an arguement linked to the topic.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yes, er, moving back to the games...

While I suppose I should be glad to get a decent score after a dip in recent form, I'm disappointed with the way I went about it. Low strike rate for a OD game and to not get a run off the last two balls when I should have been really gunning for it doesn't make me feel any better. Back in form? Yeah, maybe, but not until I can perform the way I need to will I be absoloutely happy with myself.

The team really fell out in that game, though, only two guys getting above 30 with the bat I believe, and a few bowlers not pulling through either, not to mention two dropped catches that could have made things even slightly more favourable for us. I'm sure we'll all be spending a lot of time working with each other in the leadup to the FC game... four or five days, even I'm not sure right now!

Never nice to see a captain you enjoy working with going out of form but I'm sure all the bowlers will be gunning at him in the nets so he's ready for OD's in the future. Either way, looking forward to all the forthcoming games, I still feel we're able to get back in there. Bad play yesterday, positive outlook today, let's make it a great play tomorrow.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
...actually now you seem to be in the middle of an arguement linked to the topic.
um hahahaha

i hate to tell ya but i think ur in the middle but lets leave it at that and play some good cricket web cricket............