• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well considering we can't see your face, using caps and a few ****s does indeed imply quite a bit of anger on the interwebs :p. In fact that's pretty much the gold standard way to express anger - I think most people would take it that way.

I was quite angry during my last post in the book thread cause some douche just ruined a dance with dragons for me.
The caps were parodying other posts. I use **** in most posts :p

Bun

Banned
The thing is SS, as someone who is more outspoken against the BCCI than most, my post won't mean a lot to you. In recent weeks though, a significant number of India fans have taken any anti-BCCI stance very personally.

The fact that Cevno, with all due respect, tried to use comments by someone from the ECB to prove me as some sort of hypocrite, is quite suggestive of his, and others like him, thought process.

That's not a dig on Cevno, just how I see it based on his posting on these topics. And tbf to him, he isn't the only one.
calm down bro. nobody takes it here personally. just all part of fun here. I don't think anyone's going to judge you by a post or two. what's life without some spice?

Bun

Banned
Ooh, I get a burning smell from GIMH's posts nowadays :mad:

Mate, drink lots of cold water and visit some nice places full of natural beauty before the India-England series starts...can try some 'yoga' too...
need to cut down onspicy indian food also methinks.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni tried putting an end to the discussions about being wrongly given out, stating that he would blame himself rather than anyone else for playing a poor shot.

"I think I played a wrong shot," Dhoni said informally, criticising himself instead of blaming the broadcasters for showing the wrong replay which led to his dismissal.
Dhoni downplays 'wrong replay' incident: Cricket Next

So does he get any credit for this from the moral high-ground brigade?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure he does.

He'll get the same credit Ponting does from the same brigade when he admits he's done the wrong thing, or says his side was outplayed and makes no excuses for its loss.

Which, around here means pretty much sweet **** all :)
Indeed, that's fair enough. :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Surely it was a bad shot played off a no ball!

Dhoni has confessed the first part, the second part is known to all.

So, there shouldn't be any being-ethical-or-unethical question here. And Dhoni shouldn't get any credit for this incident or this confession. It was a bad shot. Everyone knows it, if Dhoni doesn't then he's not the smart guy think he is. And it was a wrong replay shown. The operator (whoever made that mistake) isn't a smart guy even if he realises the mistake later.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Sure he does.

He'll get the same credit Ponting does from the same brigade when he admits he's done the wrong thing, or says his side was outplayed and makes no excuses for its loss.

good point. but a slight difference there. ponting has previous - whether brawling or questioning umps or swearing at oppo coaches etc. - while dhoni has just started down the primrose path...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure he does.

Nah in recent years Chimpy has shown a more likeable face than previously, and I think he's received a certain degree of grudging acknowledgement for that on this forum.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah in recent years Chimpy has shown a more likeable face than previously, and I think he's received a certain degree of grudging acknowledgement for that on this forum.
I'm telling you - a lot of it is simply being the best and being not. It colors people's perceptions quite a bit. Ponting has ALWAYS been humble after a loss - I can't remember a single time of him being not. But people like the hard nosed leader of a struggling team (oh he is giving it all to improve his team) a lot more than a hard nosed leader of a dominant team(eg he is arrogant).