• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Cevno, why would anyone give a **** what Giles Clarke thinks?

The difference between us, and some of you clowns, is that we don't swing on the ECB's dick. If someone attacks the ECB, we don't take it personally like WAH WAH WAH DON'T BE RACIST WHY U HATING ON MY COUNTRY ****ERS

Giles Clarke made a **** comment. I sympathised with him at the time because the decision wound me up, but looking back, what a **** comment. And guess what? Dhoni made a **** comment.

****ing deal with it.
Missed this post. Need to calm down bro.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Missed this post. Need to calm down bro.
The thing is SS, as someone who is more outspoken against the BCCI than most, my post won't mean a lot to you. In recent weeks though, a significant number of India fans have taken any anti-BCCI stance very personally.

The fact that Cevno, with all due respect, tried to use comments by someone from the ECB to prove me as some sort of hypocrite, is quite suggestive of his, and others like him, thought process.

That's not a dig on Cevno, just how I see it based on his posting on these topics. And tbf to him, he isn't the only one.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ooh, I get a burning smell from GIMH's posts nowadays :mad:

Mate, drink lots of cold water and visit some nice places full of natural beauty before the India-England series starts...can try some 'yoga' too...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The thing is SS, as someone who is more outspoken against the BCCI than most, my post won't mean a lot to you. In recent weeks though, a significant number of India fans have taken any anti-BCCI stance very personally.

The fact that Cevno, with all due respect, tried to use comments by someone from the ECB to prove me as some sort of hypocrite, is quite suggestive of his, and others like him, thought process.

That's not a dig on Cevno, just how I see it based on his posting on these topics. And tbf to him, he isn't the only one.
Stop being racist ffs GIMH

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I have an opinion, must be stressed or something

:laugh:

EDIT - @ weldone

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

I'm much more anti BCCI than you (being an Indian fan I've certainly suffered more at their hands) here but there's no need to get that angry. After a post like that, you signal any actual discussion to be at an end - though tbf maybe that was the point.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was on the right page for me. Although most of them aren't working, probs because my phone browser is a wee bit turd

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm much more anti BCCI than you (being an Indian fan I've certainly suffered more at their hands) here but there's no need to get that angry. After a post like that, you signal any actual discussion to be at an end - though tbf maybe that was the point.
Just because I threw in a few ****s and some caps doesn't make it angry.

Nonetheless, if someone wants to dig up eighteen month old quotes to try and paint me as some sort of hypocrite, I'm not necessarily going to be polite in pointing out how ridiculous it is. And I make no apologies for that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2260137-post41.html
When you say 'other bodies in cricket' - what exactly are we talking about here? Let's be specific, and get it out on the table. It's certainly not the ECB, ACB or the NZC - which is the issue. Do you think such a lack of transparency would be tolerated from a non-profit in any of those countries? All the other boards that are 'just as bad' are all on the same side - something which is not a coincidence and that is only peripherally related to race. And amongst them, BCCI is the only one with real power, so it's natural that it's going to be the target. Everyone knows Zimbabwe is corrupt, but they have no real power. The issue is putting corruption and hypocrisy on the international stage, masquerading as some sort of nationalism or issue about racism and post-colonial angst.

silentstriker said:
Secondly, I do not know nor care about any other sports in India, but I bet none of them have the income or the power of BCCI on the international stage. BCCI, with their power, are not content simply sabotaging the future of their own country, they are spilling their petty incompetence onto the world stage.

The fact is that if any legitimate body was found to be as corrupt as BCCI, they would have no credibility left on any issue, let alone issues directly related to their corruption. It's a sad story that people just don't laugh in BCCI's face when stories about hundreds of thousands of dollars in hotel bills are out in the open on one hand, and they crow about having 'proper cricket administrative experience' on the other. Maybe Howard hasn't figured out how to properly pay for ****** services, coke and four seasons hotel rooms while paying a pittance to the actual players and/or investments in infrastructure, but I'm sure with the proper BCCI guidance, he'll learn.

As I said there, nationalism is very close to cricket. India traditionally haven't been exceptional at much on the world stage since independence so when they're decent at something, people really use that as a symbol of national pride and any attack on that is an attack on the nation itself. I mean people went crazy when some dude won a random shooting event at the olympics that nobody cared about. It's unfortunate but it's the reason many arguments go down that path.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just because I threw in a few ****s and some caps doesn't make it angry.
Well considering we can't see your face, using caps and a few ****s does indeed imply quite a bit of anger on the interwebs :p. In fact that's pretty much the gold standard way to express anger - I think most people would take it that way.

I was quite angry during my last post in the book thread cause some douche just ruined a dance with dragons for me.