• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What's HotSpot got to do with the third umpire missing an enormous edge on one of the reviews?
Clarke claimed the system was better not used rather than used without Hotspot as the umpires could be deaf and dumb after agreeing to use it without Hotspot in the first place.

See Andy Flower's quotes above too after agreeing to use the UDRS in first place.

And if Hotspots not got anything to do with it ,then similarly here what has UDRS got to do with a Umpire making 6 wrong decisions allegedly?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
:wallbash:

No UDRS != Accept incompetent umpires. With umpires who make six mistakes a game even UDRS might not be enough to save him.
This.

The 2 reviews may be exhausted because of taking reviews which can't be overturned due to inconclusive evidence but sometimes you have to take. Then what happens?
Or the review may be inconclusive in the first place as with Raina and Bravo this match.

Or the third umpire and the umpire may not do the review properly like Harper in South Africa or Ian Bell in WC . Or the broadcaster may show the wrong video:p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cevno, why would anyone give a **** what Giles Clarke thinks?

The difference between us, and some of you clowns, is that we don't swing on the ECB's dick. If someone attacks the ECB, we don't take it personally like WAH WAH WAH DON'T BE RACIST WHY U HATING ON MY COUNTRY ****ERS

Giles Clarke made a **** comment. I sympathised with him at the time because the decision wound me up, but looking back, what a **** comment. And guess what? Dhoni made a **** comment.

****ing deal with it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if they are that bad, they deserve it to be honest..
That's an alarming attitude to have. Looking forward to a spray from Dhoni against sn umpire when they make dodgy calls in his team's favour. We won't see that though, will we?

They should have a panel of 400 umpires, that way whenever a team has the ****s with them, there's enough replacements to step up.

Wish that system was about 10 years ago.

Burgey

This.

The 2 reviews may be exhausted because of taking reviews which can't be overturned due to inconclusive evidence but sometimes you have to take. Then what happens?
Or the review may be inconclusive in the first place as with Raina and Bravo this match.

Or the third umpire and the umpire may not do the review properly like Harper in South Africa or Ian Bell in WC . Or the broadcaster may show the wrong video:p
If the evidence is inconclusive, how is the decision "wrong"?

Burgey

What India has complained about though is that Harper is incompetent. They are unhappy with supposedly six of his decisions and also with Praveen being banned. They might be wrong in their opinion but saying Dhoni cannot complain because he is a against UDRS is stupid.
No. They complained because the decisions went against them. What a ****ing joke, to have an umpire step down because one team has the ****s.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
No, it was just more typical WAH WAH STUART BROAD HAS EVERYTHING HIS OWN WAY bollocks
Was more referring to Chris rather than Stuart in that post tbh.

And won't even bother to respond to your other post. Do you seriously have to resort at abuse and stereotyping at every oppurtunity?

And who said anything about Racism or even accused anyone or any decision directly here? :wacko:

Did not know one can draw so many presumptions from a meek honest response to a question by Dhoni. * Sigh *

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha what I can't believe is if he actually stepped down cause of what Dhoni said. That can't be it. Would be hilarious if it were though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Anyway, it seems to be that criticizing umpires after a Test seemed to be an international pastime back in the 80s. I can't think of many instances lately though (post having match referees), that's why I'm wondering if anyone has actually been punished for criticizing the umpiring. You can definitely get punished for doing it during a game, but I'm not sure what the deal is after a game. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but if anyone can think of an instance?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Haha what I can't believe is if he actually stepped down cause of what Dhoni said. That can't be it. Would be hilarious if it were though.
Exactly. Considering he did not step down after the England South Africa Fracas and many players including Nasser Hussain openly demanding his removal too.
And ECB chairman Giles Clarke implying him to be Deaf and Dumb openly.

Also he was the one who gave Tendulkar out ducking IIRC and was criticised. And after all that he is quitting because of this comment:wacko:

He though was a likeable character ,was never shy of publicity and being centre of attention.
Would not surprise me if knowing he had one match left in any case ,he was stepping down for one final moment in the limelight and for something which he can put in his book in the future to make it sell more.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
No. They complained because the decisions went against them. What a ****ing joke, to have an umpire step down because one team has the ****s.
Obviously only the aggrieved team is going to complain. He stepped down though on his own accord one test before his last one. He has been criticized similarly earlier and I don't get why he suddenly couldn't take it any more.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was more referring to Chris rather than Stuart in that post tbh.

And won't even bother to respond to your other post. Do you seriously have to resort at abuse and stereotyping at every oppurtunity?

And who said anything about Racism or even accused anyone or any decision directly here? :wacko:

Did not know one can draw so many presumptions from a meek honest response to a question by Dhoni. * Sigh *
I might have mixed up your Chris Broad comment with someone else who mentioned him and how Stuart gets everything he wants. In which case, I take it back.

There was no stereotyping in my post. I am calling it as I see it. You guys take it personally that me and others have a huge beef with BCCI. So in return you bring up Giles Clarke's comments as some kind of proof of hypocrisy. Try harder.

If you're going to ****ing dig up posts I made 18 months ago, at least make them ****ing relevant.

As for Dhoni's response being meek and honest, give me a ****ing break!!! He knew exactly what he was doing. Guy's a total ****.

Exactly. Considering he did not step down after the England South Africa Fracas and many players including Nasser Hussain openly demanding his removal too.
And ECB chairman Giles Clarke implying him to be Deaf and Dumb openly.

Also he was the one who gave Tendulkar out ducking IIRC and was criticised. And after all that he is quitting because of this comment:wacko:

He though was a likeable character ,was never shy of publicity and being centre of attention.
Would not surprise me if knowing he had one match left in any case ,he was stepping down for one final moment in the limelight and for something which he can put in his book in the future to make it sell more.
What the **** does Nasser Hussain have to do with any of this? He retired in 2004.

The point is here Cevno

And you're here

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What the **** does Nasser Hussain have to do with any of this? He retired in 2004.

The point is here Cevno

And you're here
I meant in terms of the Criticism and pressure he got on himself from the outside and people involved inside the game at that time was way more than one comment from Dhoni.
So him quitting for this is a bit weird after all he has been through including the Sachin ducking LBW dismissal among others.

I think the Point about Point you are making applies to you here:p as you did not understand the context.

Burgey

I just want to make it clear to all three reasonable Indian fans that no one dislikes their team because they've temporarily assumed number one spot before they revert to the typical mediocrity they've displayed since entering test cricket.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I just want to make it clear to all three reasonable Indian fans that no one dislikes their team because they've temporarily assumed number one spot before they revert to the typical mediocrity they've displayed since entering test cricket.
Right.

No one was jealous of Australia either. I swear.

Agree re: revert back tho. That's what makes this brief period of non mediocrity so epic, especially all the hate. Truthfully, that's even better than being number #1. India will never match Australian dominance on the field, so this is just as good. When I was following the team in the 90s when India couldn't even win a series in Zimbabwe and a test anywhere outside of India, I never thought I'd live to see this period (brief as it may be, even 1 day would have seemed like nirvana if you were sitting in 1996 and reflecting) and I'm pretty sure I'll never see this again (cause BCCI are ****s and can't manage), so I'm enjoying every anti India post atm. I don't expect another era of India being #1 to come around again anytime soon so this is pretty awesome.

So until India are mediocre again, whether that is tomorrow or a year or five years from now, this image bears repeating

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
SS, there were anti-India posts aplenty before you achieved your #1 ranking. You can pretend otherwise if you want, but it's silly to do so.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SS, there were anti-India posts aplenty before you achieved your #1 ranking. You can pretend otherwise if you want, but it's silly to do so.
Of course there were, and half were from me. Not nearly as many, and not nearly as full of vitriol tho. And that's fine, I'm sure plenty of people did hate India from whenever they wanted for whatever reason they wanted - good luck to them. The critical mass was reached only recently though, which is what's so delicious.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bahaha. If that isn't bringing the game into disrepute then what is? Surely captain fantastic will be hit with some sort of fine or ban in the coming day's........

You are not serious, are you? How about match fixing, spot fixing, consumption of banned drugs etc for bringing game into disrepute?