• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Classic Quotes

"u dirty indians bath in cow piss haha"

"smelly pakistanis i rape all ur moms"

"aussies r cheaterz"

"shoaib akhtar sux he is drug addict"

"lankans suck murali is a chucker"

benchmark00

Classic Quotes

"u dirty indians bath in cow piss haha"

"smelly pakistanis i rape all ur moms"

"aussies r cheaterz"

"shoaib akhtar sux he is drug addict"

"lankans suck murali is a chucker"
Some truth in that tbf - I've heard Silent Striker baths in cow urine daily.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can't believe this has happened again. An umpire basically rissoled (and that's really what it is, behind the patina of "standing down") because a team doesn't like his decision-making in a game.
if they are that bad, they deserve it to be honest..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually found it disrespectful to the Windies (similar to Sehwag's comments before the Bangladesh series), but its funny how people think its a crime to criticise someone for not doing their job well. Players criticise other players, officials criticise players, players criticise officials all the time. But nah, Katich is a hero because I actually like him and find resonance with his views. I don't like Dhoni and/or his views, so I'll get out the handbags.

Its just people doing their job, and getting criticised when they do it badly.
More like Katich is Australian/not Indian (for GIMH) and so I like whatever he says.. Dhoni is Indian and so I disagree with everything he says...

Daemon

More like Katich is Australian/not Indian (for GIMH) and so I like whatever he says.. Dhoni is Indian and so I disagree with everything he says...
tbf everyone agrees with Katich's views, it's got nothing to do with him being Indian or not. If Sachin were to be dropped from the Indian side and had a go at the selectors I doubt anyone would be criticising his outburst.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Katich has nothing to do with this.

Players criticising selectors isn't the same as them criticising umpires.

And criticising umpires when you've opposed UDRS as skipper is cretinous.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

And criticising umpires when you've opposed to UDRS is cretinous.
Also, I've had a go at Ponting's conduct more times than I care to remember.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
tbf everyone agrees with Katich's views, it's got nothing to do with him being Indian or not. If Sachin were to be dropped from the Indian side and had a go at the selectors I doubt anyone would be criticising his outburst.
Nah can't be that, I'm known round here for my championing of all things cricket Australia didn't you know?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I dunno.. I feel when you do a bad job, you deserve to get criticized..
Except I'm almost certain players, and especially captains, coming out and making such comments is classed as misconduct.

It's not Dhoni's place to make these comments. And I am certain if Ponting had said them, you'd feel like I do.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Except I'm almost certain players, and especially captains, coming out and making such comments is classed as misconduct.

It's not Dhoni's place to make these comments. And I am certain if Ponting had said them, you'd feel like I do.
Nope.. not when you are asked a question on it and you reply like this. Him wagging his fingers at the umpire right there in the middle of the pitch and getting away with it was far worse.. It wasn't even such bad decisions in the first place...

Cruxdude

International Debutant

And criticising umpires when you've opposed UDRS as skipper is cretinous.
Maybe he should be fined for those comments but saying that he cannot complain about umpiring just because he is against UDRS is downright stupid.

Don't know why he should be expected to make do with incompetence when the UDRS wasn't to help incompetent umpires?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Maybe he should be fined for those comments but saying that he cannot complain about umpiring just because he is against UDRS is downright stupid.

Don't know why he should be expected to make do with incompetence when the UDRS wasn't to help incompetent umpires?
He doesn't have to make do with incompetence, but he chose to...