• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In my list Hadlee and Tendulkar were in top 10. I had to exclude Warne, Miller and Lillee from my top 25 because my top 25 had only 25 places.
Yeah but no one takes what you say seriously, so that's ok.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Only echoing the words of those who played against them both. :ph34r:

Not that blokes who've scored thousands and thousands of test runs would know more than an unco, acne headed 19 year old whose idea of sporting prowess is doing well at Stick Cricket as they over dose on soft drink and Mars Bars before going out for their weekly walk to the mail box to get their quota of exercise*.

* I explicitly exclude you from this btw mate.
Judging by where you placed the * it appears I am excluded from going for the walk to the mail box each week only:ph34r:

cbf debating as there is this thread for it which I may dig to have my mars bar fuelled two cents in.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/38133-whos-better-lillee-hadlee.html

btw do you recommend clearasil or oxy 10 - what works best for you?

Flem274*

123/5
Judging by where you placed the * it appears I am excluded from going for the walk to the mail box each week only:ph34r:

cbf debating as there is this thread for it which I may dig to have my mars bar fuelled two cents in.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/38133-whos-better-lillee-hadlee.html

According to Burgey in that thread it's gotta be Hussain.

Thus CWs number one cricketer is revealed.

Burgey

Was excluding you from the whole insult tbf.

Ftr I think I had them both in my top 25, I may have had Lillee in front, but I can't recall.

I need to set up more spreadsheets or consult statsguru to enhance my knowledge of cricket. I CBF agonizing over it like a lot of people seem to. I suspect for some it's the old inferiority complex coming out to try and get some blokes up in these lists because the teams they played for have been rubbish for most of the game's history.

But I might be mistaken.

Flem274*

123/5
**** I'm hungry now Burgey mentioned Mars Bars. Instead I'm doing this ****ing assignment. **** you Burgeh, I hope you have unscratchable itches for a week, ****.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Was excluding you from the whole insult tbf.

Ftr I think I had them both in my top 25, I may have had Lillee in front, but I can't recall.

I need to set up more spreadsheets or consult statsguru to enhance my knowledge of cricket. I CBF agonizing over it like a lot of people seem to. I suspect for some it's the old inferiority complex coming out to try and get some blokes up in these lists because the teams they played for have been rubbish for most of the game's history.

But I might be mistaken.
All good mate. You have a knack for breathing life into threads which are meandering (such as my Hobbit thread).

Burgey

The irony in that is I'll probably have a more diverse list than many posters. I think I had a fair few players from the second tier nations. I'm sure I had Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Hadlee, Imran and I hope I had Wasim in there. Must have had Murali too. Be remiss of me if I didn't.

Certainly not Waqar, a two-three year wonder really - the 1990s Thomson or Tyson. A joke of an inclusion. The majority of his career was more Brett Lee than Malcolm Marshall - feasted on the likes of the FTB line ups of England and India and the like. Shame he was ruined by injury, but again, farcical inclusion to this list.

What about you mate? Find room for Agarkar? He'd be top 15 wouldn't he? Him and Ishant maybe? Probably Zaheer. After all, they've done something in India, for India.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The irony in that is I'll probably have a more diverse list than many posters. I think I had a fair few players from the second tier nations. I'm sure I had Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Hadlee, Imran and I hope I had Wasim in there. Must have had Murali too. Be remiss of me if I didn't.

Certainly not Waqar, a two-three year wonder really - the 1990s Thomson or Tyson. A joke of an inclusion. The majority of his career was more Brett Lee than Malcolm Marshall - feasted on the likes of the FTB line ups of England and India and the like. Shame he was ruined by injury, but again, farcical inclusion to this list.

What about you mate? Find room for Agarkar? He'd be top 15 wouldn't he? Him and Ishant maybe? Probably Zaheer. After all, they've done something in India, for India.
Huh! I'm sure I have some Aussies in my list whom probably even a completely biased Aussie like you didn't have. I didn't have Kapil Dev in my list but had Border, Chappell, O'Reilly etc.

But sorry, I didn't have Trumper, Walters, Ponting, Symonds, Tom Moody, Darren Lehmann, Lillee, Warne and Miller at numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 respectively.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
That will do guys.

Off to buy some Mars Bars (no seriously, I have a craving now). Keep the thread civil please.:)

Burgey

Tom Moody an underrated great tbf.

Don't think I had AB now I think of it. Brad Hogg was there of course

Last edited:

morgieb

I had Imran, Hadlee and Sachin in my top 10. Miller was way down on my list, and Lillee wasn't even there.

It will be a farce though, if Bradman doesn't finish #1. I can understand if someone like Sobers goes ahead of him, as he was a test-class bowler too, but I can tell there's gonna be quite a bit of intellectual dishonesty.

morgieb

Huh! I'm sure I have some Aussies in my list whom probably even a completely biased Aussie like you didn't have. I didn't have Kapil Dev in my list but had Border, Chappell, O'Reilly etc.

But sorry, I didn't have Trumper, Walters, Ponting, Symonds, Tom Moody, Darren Lehmann, Lillee, Warne and Miller at numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 respectively.
Don't troll.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Don't troll.
:ph34r:

Burgey

I had Imran in the top ten as well, maybe top five. I think Tendulkar was up there as well. Miller I had in there somewhere, but not top ten iirc.