• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

smash84

The Tiger King
Imagine a top 15 players of all time containing each of Dev, Gavaskar, Tendulkar and Hadlee, with Imran number one.

It's like some bad movie, Revenge of the Cod Ordinary Test Nations or something.

Proof democracy is wasted on a lot of people.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

tbf it would be a pretty decent side with Imran and Hadlee to open the bowling

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going to enjoy getting to number one to find Bradman failed to make the list.

Will go down with the extinction of the dinosaurs as one of the most heart racing moments of Burgey's life.
My heart doesn't race because I don't have one.

The same reasoning why you'll never get brain cancer or suffer a twisted testicle.

Burgey

When do we get the next stanza in the Subcontinent/ NZ Über Alles Countdown, Smiley?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He said tonight when I asked him earlier. Burgey, who are expecting in the next 5? I'll give you 5 Hindmarsh crack shots if you get them all correct.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So it should be a few West Indians and (rightly) the rest will be Australians from here on in.
Imagine a top 15 players of all time containing each of Dev, Gavaskar, Tendulkar and Hadlee, with Imran number one.

It's like some bad movie, Revenge of the Cod Ordinary Test Nations or something.

Proof democracy is wasted on a lot of people.

Burgey

Difficult given demographics here, but I'll guess:

Ponting
Miller
Dev
Sehwag
Hammond

Ftr, I haven't checked to see if any of them have been included already.

Mind you, wouldn't surprise me if we get Vonod Kambli, Kohli, Mohammad Asif, Andrew Jones and Kumble.

Expecting a top five of Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Akram, Hadlee and Imran. Which will only prove how many cast iron dribblers there are on CW if it transpires.

DingDong

State Captain
knowing the demographics of this forum i fully expect to see a matthew hayden or a damien martyn in the next 10. 8-)

DingDong

State Captain
Going to enjoy getting to number one to find Bradman failed to make the list.

Will go down with the extinction of the dinosaurs as one of the most heart racing moments of Burgey's life.
my one regret is not sending my list because i don't think bradman was even close to making my top 50

Burgey

my one regret is not sending my list because i don't think bradman was even close to making my top 50
I sent mine and deliberately omitted the Poor Man's Lillee from across the ditch, just to annoy you.

Burgey

Only echoing the words of those who played against them both. :ph34r:

Not that blokes who've scored thousands and thousands of test runs would know more than an unco, acne headed 19 year old whose idea of sporting prowess is doing well at Stick Cricket as they over dose on soft drink and Mars Bars before going out for their weekly walk to the mail box to get their quota of exercise*.

* I explicitly exclude you from this btw mate.

Flem274*

123/5
Only echoing the words of those who played against them both. :ph34r:

Not that blokes who've scored thousands and thousands of test runs would know more than an unco, acne headed 19 year old whose idea of sporting prowess is doing well at Stick Cricket as they over dose on soft drink and Mars Bars before going out for their weekly walk to the mail box to get their quota of exercise*.

* I explicitly exclude you from this btw mate.
People who have played against Vettori think he's a wicket taker tbf.

But by all means, we will shut the forum down, since we are all so uneducated and unfit to comment.:)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I sent mine and deliberately omitted the Poor Man's Lillee from across the ditch, just to annoy you.
In my list Hadlee and Tendulkar were in top 10. I had to exclude Warne, Miller and Lillee from my top 25 because my top 25 had only 25 places.