• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 14-28 August

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Archie, I do not like the concept behind the vaguest poster despite you having a good reputation and being a poster I love reading.

The major aspect I do not like regarding the awards is the inconsistency as I stated earlier regardless of the intent.

Cheers.
Thanks for the compliment :)

In return I would like to say that you have started some of the best threads on CW and I have enjoyed your posts.

When I first started posting on this site you criticised someone 'for making a ridiculous statement" I remember thinking I will have to post carefully or otherwise that Pratyush fellow will be all over me!:laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
Thanks for the compliment :)

In return I would like to say that you have started some of the best threads on CW and I have enjoyed your posts.

When I first started posting on this site you criticised someone 'for making a ridiculous statement" I remember thinking I will have to post carefully or otherwise that Pratyush fellow will be all over me!:laugh:
Thank you Archie. :)

:laugh: @ your recall. I am a peaceful fellow really. :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Good Lord. I'm sure some of you could suck the fun out of a free booze drinking session in Bikini Babe Chocolate Candylandville if you had the chance.

Archie has stated time and time and time and time and time again these aren't official, so really they should be taken with a grain of salt. Certainly, I check Cricket Chat every week to see if I won anything, and even if I won the Inzy, I really couldn't care less, because guess what? These awards really don't matter - although they're fun.

Still, I suppose it shows that some people can find a way to whinge about anything. Archie and Marc both take time out of their days to put them together, and from all the moaners, I don't think I've seen anyone actually come forward to help - it's easier to snipe from the sidelines.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
Good Lord. I'm sure some of you could suck the fun out of a free booze drinking session in Bikini Babe Chocolate Candylandville if you had the chance.

Archie has stated time and time and time and time and time again these aren't official, so really they should be taken with a grain of salt. Certainly, I check Cricket Chat every week to see if I won anything, and even if I won the Inzy, I really couldn't care less, because guess what? These awards really don't matter - although they're fun.

Still, I suppose it shows that some people can find a way to whinge about anything. Archie and Marc both take time out of their days to put them together, and from all the moaners, I don't think I've seen anyone actually come forward to help - it's easier to snipe from the sidelines.
Agree 100%. Get over it guys

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As a multiple Inzy winner - I can say with the utmost confidence that these awards are for fun. No one needs to be offended by them. Just have a bit of fun with them, its really not a big deal.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't see how people discussing on aspects is essentially a bad thing. I am sure Jason hasn't had any other intention as well. :sleep:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, my winning of the Inzy award is in my signature, and isn't the Inzy awar for vaguest post rather than vaguest poster? Makes a big difference for me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I don't see how people discussing on aspects is essentially a bad thing. I am sure Jason hasn't had any other intention as well. :sleep:
Yes, hence a feedback thread was started, and there weren't many problems highlighted in there...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Right, so because you disagree, you want them scrapped? I know it's just your opinion, but that's ridiculous.
No, not because I disagree but because of the choice and obviously it is my opinion. I have disagreed with some of the choices in the past and never said a word about it.

As for you finding my opinion ridiculous, tells a lot of about the hypocrisy in your post.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, hence a feedback thread was started, and there weren't many problems highlighted in there...
When you have people accusing others of racism in an awards thread, you know that there is a problem.

Not to forget when you award someone despite his diatribe against a particular group, you know there is a problem. It's like giving 'Vandematram' or 'Nehrafan' as the best poster of the week..

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Guys, just calm down. The last week has been to racially charged. Just forget about it, these are just awards whose purpose is having some fun. They aren't meant to be serious.

Just enjoy.

Why do you think I actually don't mind winning Inzies, or didn't care if an award was named after me, calling me the biggest whiner?

I might have been insulted, had I taken these things seriously. But I don't, and its all in good humor.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It was all in fun Silentstriker until the race thing came in the award thread. And it is a fact that he uses the race card more than anyone here, take a look in CC and OT and see his diatribe against Asians.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Archie, just my humble opinion, but I think there's so much feedback in this particular instance because you failed to present a "balanced" view. I know the awards are you choice, hence you can pick whatever is "best" accordingly. However, some of the posts you picked as "best of the week" come off as one sided in their portrayal of events the past week. I think it's a good idea that you have urged others to join the panel, and people seem to be responding. Persnonally, I would like to nominate Sanz to the panel, if he agrees ofcourse!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Persnonally, I would like to nominate Sanz to the panel, if he agrees ofcourse!
Thanks for the nomination :) but I can not take this responsibility at this time, I dont think I will have enough time to go through all the posts during the week and will be able to do justice to the awards.

I know Voltman will say "it's easier to snipe from the sidelines" and somewhat rightly so, but I really cant help at this time.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interestingg but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Langeveldt for this click here started some very good debate, lets just hope it never comes to pass:-O
I agree with this week's award. The operative words here being INTERESTING and CONTROVERSIAL. It wouldn't have been controversial if everyone agreed, now would it?
I nominate this thread (CW awards for 14-28 Aug.) for the Shane Warne Award next time! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: