• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Cheats Caught on Camera

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No compilation like this is complete without Dhoni:

Deadset nearly hit the wristband of his glove on the way back up after bouncing

has anyone posted Clarke vs NZ in an ODI where he was at square leg right next to the umpire?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Great contribution Burgey. There must have been a doubt in Dhoni's mind yet he throws the ball up in celebration. Now that's cheating!

Engle

State Vice-Captain
I'd be hesitant to call Dhoni's catch cheating. He took the catch ahead of him, so lost sight for a sec. Watching regular motion, it seemed out. So too did the ump, batsman (probably). Some catches are too close to call. If anything, this illustrates the difference between regular motion and slow motion.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm. A high proportion of these videos involve teams/players from the subcontinent. I wonder why that should be.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Need to dig that thread where I counted the number of match fixers by nationality really

But cbf

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
No compilation like this is complete without Dhoni:

Deadset nearly hit the wristband of his glove on the way back up after bouncing

has anyone posted Clarke vs NZ in an ODI where he was at square leg right next to the umpire?
Not a good example tbh. As Engle pointed out, there are enough indications there to give Dhoni the benefit of doubt.

Cheating is something you do deliberately when you clearly know you are in the wrong. Like when you smash the ball on to the keeper's gloves and stand there as below.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I propose introduction of a new term in CW lexicon

to do a Ponting: To fail to resist the temptation of cheating even when you know there is no chance of getting away and you will be caught within moments. Often accompanied by a near delusional level of self righteousness.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Ponting having a brain fade moment. So uncharacteristic. Probably apologized to the team management after this.

Look at the surprise on Mathew Hayden's face a couple of occasions lol.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be hesitant to call Dhoni's catch cheating. He took the catch ahead of him, so lost sight for a sec. Watching regular motion, it seemed out. So too did the ump, batsman (probably). Some catches are too close to call. If anything, this illustrates the difference between regular motion and slow motion.
I didn't call the action of claiming a doubtful catch cheating but when there is an element of doubt I think it is wrong to throw the ball in the air and celebrate prematurely It is that action that I see as cheating and is well illustrated by the 'catches' taken by Harper and Waugh in earlier clips. By all means appeal, but leave the decision to the umpire. As for Ponting and Broad ... both stand their ground when clearly getting an edge. This isn't, IMO, cheating. It is leaving a decision to the umpire. This has been the mantra of the majority of cricketers for a long time ... there have been "walkers" and those who leave to the adjudicators.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but it’s hard for you to see past the chip on your shoulder. If h was wearing a baggy green cap you’d want him banned.