• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Countries and T.V networks with the best cricket coverage...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy said:
The package of actual cricket channel 9 gives us is good.

The treatment to the fans is utter rubbish - I mean missing Gough's hat trick, McGrath's 50, etc.

Utter ********.
agreed

archie mac

International Coach
I have taken to watching channel 9 with the sound turned down and ABC radio on, even though the timing is out by a few seconds. I am sick of all the tv pro mos which I doubt Richie even watches.

They had the gall to take off the Cricket with Shane Warne one wicket off the world record, I tried for thirty minutes to complain but could not get through, the next day they claimed only 9 people rang to complain :@

Shounak

Banned
SJS said:
I sometimes. switch turn the volume to mute and watch the games. Unfortunatley, missing the sound of the crowds and the sound of bat on ball also goes away.
Foxtel Digital.. You can switch off the commentary and just get the sound effects.. It's only good when Warney's in the middle though.. Possibly if someone like Andre Nel was bowling too..

Craig

World Traveller
Hoggy said:
The package of actual cricket channel 9 gives us is good.

The treatment to the fans is utter rubbish - I mean missing Gough's hat trick, McGrath's 50, etc.

Utter ********.
We missed Steve Waugh's 100 against England in 2003 here on the GC for the Gold Coast News despite the fact they said they would stay with the coverage until Waugh got his ton or got out. He didn't get out and we missed it :@

And then there was when they left us to go to The Price is Wrong (actually it is The Price is Right) but went back 30 seconds later.

*Thinks of swear words in Italian but would get into trouble for doing so if they were posted*

Craig

World Traveller
archie mac said:
I have taken to watching channel 9 with the sound turned down and ABC radio on, even though the timing is out by a few seconds. I am sick of all the tv pro mos which I doubt Richie even watches.

They had the gall to take off the Cricket with Shane Warne one wicket off the world record, I tried for thirty minutes to complain but could not get through, the next day they claimed only 9 people rang to complain :@
Thankfully they went back straight away and we missed The Price is Wrong.

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i have seen TEN sports, ARY digital and SONY so far.i think ARY was pretty good and TEN is also pretty good but SONY sucks.i hope ARY gets the rights for the india- pakistan series in the next year!!!!!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I think, that stuff like (for that word) b***h or stuff should be allowed, but agreed on the main point.

Shounak

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
Aye, I know - but we're having a clampdown on filter-bypassing of late, so it had to be said.
You gotta be reasonable though.. Seriously.. Is pi$s that rude a word? Or should I say ****.

It's just a part of the vernacular, it's really not that rude.

Fair enough about words like ****, ****, ****, ****, **** and the others.. :-O

Toecrusher

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Best is Channel 4, followed closely by Channel 9. Most boring is definitely Sky Sports UK. Most lacking in 'intelligent analysis' and 'reading of the game' is Sky Sports NZ. Havent watched enough of the Indian channels to comment on those...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SJS said:
Subcontinental coverage and the commentators here have to be the worst in the world.

It is tragic that the region that brings bulk of the money to the game , THROUGH TV, suffers from such horrendous coverage.

When India are playing and there is another series on covered by another foreign channel, it is such a contrast that at times, one is tempted to stay with the foreign channel at the cost of missing the India game. There cant be a stronger indictment of Indian coverage. There is no point in naming bad Indian commentators. They are legion. The good ones are good only by comarison to other Indian commentators. Still they have the audacity to be arrogant in their attitudes towards the guest commentators including even Boycott at times.

I sometimes. switch turn the volume to mute and watch the games. Unfortunatley, missing the sound of the crowds and the sound of bat on ball also goes away.
I can point out one specific instance to back up SJS' point about sub continental commentators being rude to guest commentators. During the Natwest Series final innings break, Geoffrey Boycott was saying that India had very little chance of winning and that Trescothick had played one of the best innings in a final (which it was) and had taken the game away from India. Then, after India won (which no one expected), Sidhu was all over him, as though Boycott had made partisan comments, when all he did was state facts. I can't thank God enough that the guy is off the mainstream commentary teams.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One thing about Indian cricket coverage is that, atleast with the satellite channels, the cricket is never missed and it is always the top priority. And ESPN Star has a lot of really good technological stuff that makes the game more interesting to watch. But definitely the commentary could be better. Ravi Shastri would be good if he didn't change opinions faster than a chamaleon changing colors. During the India Pak series, he was saying about Kaarthick being a very good keeper/batsman for India and all of a sudden, after a couple of good knocks against very ordinary attacks, Dhoni is his man.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shounak said:
You gotta be reasonable though.. Seriously.. Is pi$s that rude a word? Or should I say ****.
If it's filtered out, then James and the team have done it for a reason.

Therefore it is a rude word as far as these forums are concerned, and so you have to abide by the rules set down.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
archie_mac said:
By then I had spat the dummy and missed the whole thing. :@
It is only during the viewing of cricket, that I give thanks WA is two hours behind... :D

archie mac

International Coach
Linda said:
It is only during the viewing of cricket, that I give thanks WA is two hours behind... :D
It works out well for me to, as I can come home after work and watch a couple of hours from the WACA, though the Day Nighters finish a bit late :-O

Langeveldt

Soutie
Supersport in South Africa rules as far as cricket and rugby are concerned! Followed by C4 in England..

Sky cover brilliantly well, but their commentators, save Foxy Fowler and David Lloyd aren't the best..