• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chuckers

uvelocity

International Coach
To predict what happens, first ypu need data (extrapolation). If your data is ****, your prediction is **** too. If naked eye is better ad judging these data, why predict using technology?
what the hell, surely you are not pro chuckers and anti drs? are you on the bcci board or what

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love this 'you are just a conservative' charge that gets levied at anyone who raises any objections.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Love this 'you are just a conservative' charge that gets levied at anyone who raises any objections.
tbf, it is EXACTLY what happens in the DRS debate too.. And as pointed out, at least the Hawk Eye Predictive part of DRS involves a basic debate of "human prediction" vs "technology based prediction".. At least in this case, it is real facts that are being measured.

L Trumper

State Regular
What? It was Reductio ad absurdum of the entire conversation into single argument that made me annoyed. Saying 'Naked Eye is better than technology' is always going to appear conservative.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, it is a law that people can twist to suit them, but then that is how it is going to go with any law or rule. I mean, there are a number of rules and laws in cricket today that are being twisted to their advantage by teams and even boards, for that matter. The question is, is it better than the earlier system and I think it is.
I was at a couple of matches where Murali was called and the atmosphere was horrible as the majority of the crowd didnt want to see a guy publicly humiliated in that way and turned on the umpire

I dont think anyone wants to see that again but by the same token there needs to be some type of mechanism in place where bowlers dont reach the highest level with dodgy actions

ATM, there is nothing that prevents them from doing so as no umpire will call them and a guy playing low level cricket is hardly going to be sent for remedial action

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
what the hell, surely you are not pro chuckers and anti drs? are you on the bcci board or what
Get the facts right, I am for technology, both in chucking issue as well as DRS. It's a farce when somebody says the eye can correctly identify a marginal chuck but not a marginal line decision

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really doubt that the blokes mentioned so far aren't chucking under the rules. But then the rules have to be changed so that they're considered chuckers imo.

OverratedSanity

let me just say this before the test series... Ajmal... is a chucker
Scared that he'll run through you guys, eh?

I don't even disagree that he chucks it, but saying it before a series looks as though you think his performance in said series are already discounted. That just screams that you're afraid he'll rip your team apart like he did England

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Scared that he'll run through you guys, eh?

I don't even disagree that he chucks it, but saying it before a series looks as though you think his performance in said series are already discounted. That just screams that you're afraid he'll rip your team apart like he did England
Not at all, I was saying it all series last time around when Pakistan got nilled. While his normal deliveries are probably reasonable his doosra makes an absolute mockery of cricket as a whole. Win or lose, he is a chucker.

TheJediBrah

Get the facts right, I am for technology, both in chucking issue as well as DRS. It's a farce when somebody says the eye can correctly identify a marginal chuck but not a marginal line decision
There are so many bowlers around international cricket today though where it is not a "marginal chuck", but looks disgusting to the naked eye because it's so bad. Not going to name names but all the countries have at least one except for Aus, NZ, RSA and England. How these guys are being allowed to bowl is beyond me.

Not at all, I was saying it all series last time around when Pakistan got nilled. While his normal deliveries are probably reasonable his doosra makes an absolute mockery of cricket as a whole. Win or lose, he is a chucker.
Not possible to bowl a doosra without straightening the arm significantly anyway. The delivery should just be made illegal.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
A doosra is illegal by what your saying. But look what happens when umpires do their job and call a bowler for an action they think is suspect.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
But would they call others if they knew that people wouldn't cry about it and possibly end their own careers even though they're doing what they're supposed to be getting paid to do, ie. enforce the rules.

benchmark00

There are so many bowlers around international cricket today though where it is not a "marginal chuck", but looks disgusting to the naked eye because it's so bad. Not going to name names but all the countries have at least one except for Aus, NZ, RSA and England. How these guys are being allowed to bowl is beyond me.
wtf.

Cameron Gannon, Kane Williamson, Johan Botha and I don't care enough about CC to name one but I'm sure there's one floating around.

Last edited: