• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to England Team in Next Match Onwards

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We've been proven wrong, my friend, 'weight of runs' Bell and Pietersen showed Morgan how to bat against spin at this level this morning..err..:unsure:
You'd have a point if Morgan scored some runs himself but he didn't, he failed again and clearly has to be the first one to be dropped.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not to mention KP was the only one who looked remotely in control through his innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We've been proven wrong, my friend, 'weight of runs' Bell and Pietersen showed Morgan how to bat against spin at this level this morning..err..:unsure:
When you have 3 batsmen not performingthen I'd be dropping the one who averages 30 in Test cricket, and one innings aside has shown littlethat suggests he belongs at this level.

Morgan came into this series having barely done enough to merit continued selection. His credit should now have evaporated with the selectors

Jacknife

International Captain
Go on then mate, if you don't pick an international side off weight of runs and their performances in previous test series, how do you do it. Or do you suggest we get rid of players who have performed in previous test series and have had successful careers, who happened to have a poor series and leave in a guy who hasn't really ever performed in Test cricket and averages 30 after 15 tests.
Honestly this drop KP & Bell stuff is bull**** and must be coming from a some kind of a agenda, which isn't in the best interests of England.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Strauss the tactician may be nothing out of the ordinary but by all accounts his man-management is exceptional. I don't think the value of that should be underestimated.
Thats what we said about Dhoni last year.:laugh:

Woodster

International Captain
Go on then mate, if you don't pick an international side off weight of runs and their performances in previous test series, how do you do it. Or do you suggest we get rid of players who have performed in previous test series and have had successful careers, who happened to have a poor series and leave in a guy who hasn't really ever performed in Test cricket and averages 30 after 15 tests.
Honestly this drop KP & Bell stuff is bull**** and must be coming from a some kind of a agenda, which isn't in the best interests of England.
England's middle order has been outstanding prior to this series, where we all know they have failed massively. I don't advise a return to the 1990's selection policies where a poor series sees them exiled back to County cricket.

It has been a poor series for virtually all the batsmen, and they clearly need to improve their skills in these conditions against slow bowling.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What we've seen today caps it all though. The braindead ****s couldn't even stay in after getting a start. I never though I'd say this, but I could live with Taylor and Hildreth coming in for the SL series in place of KP and Bell.

Spikey

So Morgan's done for the next tour. No point taking Ravi if he isn't being picked here. Tim Bresnan should be back so they can go 5 bowlers (Monty/Finn obv being that 5th bowler) if they want. But it'll be interesting to see who that reserve batsman is

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
So Morgan's done for the next tour. No point taking Ravi if he isn't being picked here. Tim Bresnan should be back so they can go 5 bowlers (Monty/Finn obv being that 5th bowler) if they want. But it'll be interesting to see who that reserve batsman is
They wouldn't play 5 bowlers even if someone had a gun to Strauss's head. I'm gonna assume sub continent it will be Jimmy, Broad, Swann, Monty, and everywhere else Jimmy, Broad, Bresnan, Swann.

Assuming Morgan is gone will they really have taken Bopara all round the world for a year as backup and then dump him (even though he is ****)

Is Taylor still next in line? Can he play spin?

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really think it's the only way to go, you can't really drop any of the bowlers and Bres is a competent bat. I'm never sure why people think the Strauss/Flower partnership were so against doing that really, the fact is with Flintoff and then Colly, our balance was okay, and Monty wasn't worth his place.

Now Panesar looks improved, and with no outstanding candidates for number 6, I think this humiliating series may push them into it.

Spikey

Well if they're ever gonna pick 5 bowlers it'll be for that tour. There's no-one pushing to be number 6. Morgan obviously should be gone. They pretty much refused to pick Ravi here, both for the tests and the tour match, so that's pretty damning on Ravi. Outside of those two, James Taylor did nothing in the Lions tour and it's off-season (obv) so no-one else from County can push for that spot. So it's set for them to move Prior up and play 5 bowlers.Then again if they didn't push Prior up the order for this innings......

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Then again if they didn't push Prior up the order for this innings......
Nah I really don't think that says anything about how willing they are to play five bowlers in the slightest. They weren't going to pick Morgan and then bat him at 7.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Well if they're ever gonna pick 5 bowlers it'll be for that tour. There's no-one pushing to be number 6. Morgan obviously should be gone. They pretty much refused to pick Ravi here, both for the tests and the tour match, so that's pretty damning on Ravi. Outside of those two, James Taylor did nothing in the Lions tour and it's off-season (obv) so no-one else from County can push for that spot. So it's set for them to move Prior up and play 5 bowlers.Then again if they didn't push Prior up the order for this innings......
Prior has looked one of the only bats who can handle the bowling at all this series. He's not been great. But >>>>>>> KP, Bell, Morgan. I'd be happy to have him as a number 6.