• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Imran Tahir make SA No.1?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Because Kaneira is a better bowler.
Debateable. Turns it more, but also serves up more "four" balls and his googly is a lot easier to pick.

In limited overs I'd take Tahir 10/10, but the longer game is harder to call.

I don't think he's a panacea, but I do think Tahir is better than Harris, whose success, such as it is, has actually been pretty impressive for such an obviously limited bowler. He should improve SA, but enough to be the outright #1? Not sure.

Last edited:

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
What has happened to Parnell, he looked a very good young prospect a couple of years ago and i thought he'd become a great change bowler to back up the big guns.
Yeah, Parnell had lot of potential as he had pace at such a young age. However, I don't think he has got control of his line and length enough to be a world wrecker plus he rarely gets any swing. Also add injury woes.

He's still young though, he has enough time to learn and become an excellent bowler.