• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
I personally don't think Fury will make the Usyk fight.
Whyte, Usyk, Joshua

Out of the three, from a Fury POV the Usyk fight is the least attractive. He's the most dangerous of the three and Fury makes more money fighting the other 2. No real upside for Fury at this stage of his career.

Be absolute banter if Whyte loses in a few weeks though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Whyte, Usyk, Joshua

Out of the three, from a Fury POV the Usyk fight is the least attractive. He's the most dangerous of the three and Fury makes more money fighting the other 2. No real upside for Fury at this stage of his career.

Be absolute banter if Whyte loses in a few weeks though.
I could definitely see Wallin beating Whyte.

Niall

International Coach
I could definitely see Wallin beating Whyte.

Options would be very limited then for Tyson.

He then would have to seriously consider fighting winner of Joshua or Usyk although obviously from a financial POV would be praying for a Joshua win.

Ruiz will probably have a gimme fight in December, if its dominant win then why not him? I think it would make all involved plenty of money and could be a fun scrap.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Options would be very limited then for Tyson.

He then would have to seriously consider fighting winner of Joshua or Usyk although obviously from a financial POV would be praying for a Joshua win.

Ruiz will probably have a gimme fight in December, assuming he wins dominantly then their would be money to be made from a Fury v Ruiz PPV in America.
Whyte (/Eddie Hearn) should offer Wallin step aside money.

A Whyte-Fury fight in the UK could be really big. And then you could have the winner of AJ-Usyk fight the winner and the loser fight the loser, which would probably mean a Whyte-Joshua rematch which is still huge even when they both lose.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whyte (/Eddie Hearn) should offer Wallin step aside money.

A Whyte-Fury fight in the UK could be really big. And then you could have the winner of AJ-Usyk fight the winner and the loser fight the loser, which would probably mean a Whyte-Joshua rematch which is still huge even when they both lose.
Whyte/Wallin is in a couple of weeks and I doubt that Fury will fight for 6 months (or more) from the comments he’s made

Enough time for Whyte to rematch Wallin if he loses

WICFan

U19 Captain
Fury would have to offer step aside money to the winner of Whyte/Wallin as they'll be the WBC's mandatory contender.

If he vacates the WBC title then the division will never be unified as that would just add to the clusterf***.

Niall

International Coach
Ken Burns Ali documentary very much worth a watch. It obviously covers a lot of stuff we would be familiar with but nonetheless like all of Burns stuff once you get stuck in it is riveting viewing.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I really, really hope Briedis vs Okolie for undisputed happens next. I used to think Okolie was a bit of a hype job but he's proven himself lately.

Briedis however is the real deal. Yes, past his prime now at 37 but he is the guy who gave Usyk his toughest fight ever and is a very well-rounded fighter with legitimate power in both hands.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It is actually interesting to think that Briedis gave Usyk more problems than AJ did
Well, styles make fights, but also cruiserweight was an absolutely stacked division at the time that the WBSS was happening.

Povetkin in his absolute prime went life and death with Marco Huck, who moved up to heavyweight for the fight. Many felt Huckactually won the fight. Huck would be considered roughly between 5-10th best cruiserweight at the time of the WBSS and got totally destroyed by Usyk.

Briedis, Hunter, Huck, Gassiev, Dorticos - all of these guys have had success at heavyweight and IMO would beat most in the top 20 of the heavyweight division.

To become undisputed in such a ridiculously strong division was really impressive.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ken Burns Ali documentary very much worth a watch. It obviously covers a lot of stuff we would be familiar with but nonetheless like all of Burns stuff once you get stuck in it is riveting viewing.
Have you got a link to it anywhere mate? PBO seems to be geo-blocked in Aus for some reason when i looked a few weeks ago when the doco first came out.

Niall

International Coach
Caleb Plant getting murdered by Canelo isn't he?

I know some dislike Canelo, but for a star he's much more active than so many of his peers in this sport.

Chatting about 4 fights in 2022, obviously their will be a freebie in their, but that will be really cool if it happens.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Caleb Plant getting murdered by Canelo isn't he?

I know some dislike Canelo, but for a star he's much more active than so many of his peers in this sport.

Chatting about 4 fights in 2022, obviously their will be a freebie in their, but that will be really cool if it happens.
Caleb Plant is a poor man's Billy-Joe Saunders with less skills and less power. He has absolutely zero chance.

I've said it before but an aged GGG is still the best available fight for Canelo, unless he goes up to light-heavy to take on Bivol or Beterbiev (I think either will be too much for him, particularly Bivol, which is why he didn't hang around light heavy after beating Kovalev).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't get the point in Canelo fighting Makabu. Why? Just so he can claim to be a "5 division" champ? Such smoke and mirrors.

There's much better fighters at 175 (Bivol, Beterbiev) and at cruiser Makabu is not the best in the division (Briedis is).

I'm not exactly a Benevidez believer but even that fight I'd much rather see than Makabu at cruiser or a canelo catchweight.