• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Fun Crawford fight that. I dunno who is next, hopefully not Taylor as that could be decapitation. Not sure Spence troubles him that much either as Bud is incredible.

thierry henry

International Coach
Don’t get why you’d be blown away by Crawford there. Good argument the ‘master boxer’ was losing to Porter (yeah yeah the ever reliable judges scorecards said otherwise) and it wasn’t a ‘real’ stoppage so much as Kenny Porter being an egomaniacal weirdo.

Based on Porter, Spence and Crawford seem very evenly matched - nip and tuck fights with late knockdowns.

Don’t know why you’d be negative about Taylor either, gun fighter.

thierry henry

International Coach
And yeah the accident could have damaged Spence - but pre-accident he eked out a marginal decision over Porter and post-accident he won a clear decision over Garcia. No evidence there of a drop in level.

Niall

International Coach
Kambosos!

Best result for an Australian boxer for a long long time.

Watching the test at same time tbf....but seemed like a fair result anyhow.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And yeah the accident could have damaged Spence - but pre-accident he eked out a marginal decision over Porter and post-accident he won a clear decision over Garcia. No evidence there of a drop in level.
Talking from a physical perspective rather than skill as he pulled out of his latest fight with a detached retina

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Great stuff from Kambosas.

re: Teofimo Lopez - boxing is such a great leveler to anyone with any sense of hubris.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
wac

Broke into interview to say that he won 10-2 and wouldn’t rematch him anyway
Lopez and his dad have been complete wankers. Ducked the rematch with Lomachenko all the while acting like a bunch of divas. I'm pleased to see them lose.

Have rewatched the fight. Lopez senior is a complete moron.

Aside from the knockdown, I struggled to give Lopez a single round. It was a boxing lesson.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lopez and his dad have been complete wankers. Ducked the rematch with Lomachenko all the while acting like a bunch of divas. I'm pleased to see them lose.

Have rewatched the fight. Lopez senior is a complete moron.

Aside from the knockdown, I struggled to give Lopez a single round. It was a boxing lesson.
Not a betting man but I had a good feeling about this fight

George is a really tough guy who has done the hard yards and Lopez has issues

Reckon George beats Loma as well

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Hopefully this makes the other diva lightweights (Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia, Tank Davis etc) fight each other. It would be a great division if these young guys actually fought each other.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In spite of my better senses, I’m forking out for the Parker v Chishora rematch this weekend. Will be waiting with bated breath to see whether Joe can slog his way to another inactive and controversial points win or whether Chishora will finally finish off his career for good.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

I would love to see Kambosos going the true champ route and arranging to fight Loma in Australia. Would be absolutely huge.

I personally think Loma would destroy him but would give full props if he took the fight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
In spite of my better senses, I’m forking out for the Parker v Chishora rematch this weekend. Will be waiting with bated breath to see whether Joe can slog his way to another inactive and controversial points win or whether Chishora will finally finish off his career for good.
thoughts:
- In rematches the smart money is on the boxer to make the adjustments, which is Parker.
- so yeah I'm picking a Parker win, probably by KO. Chisora is not and has never been very good, and I suspect he retires after this fight.
- Parker is probably not that good either, although he is very frustrating to watch because he has all the attributes except a killer instinct.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Very solid performance from Parker. Made very smart use of the uppercut, threw good combinations. Probably could've pushed a bit harder for the knock out, but Chisora can be a dangerous puncher, so probably fair enough, moving into Andy Lee's camp seems to be paying some dividends. Will be interesting to see who he lines up next.

Niall

International Coach
The judge who scored that 114-112 ****ing hell.

Parker should have finished him but he did show improvements from the 1st fight. Its tricky to know how he goes from here, he is still youngish but he has a lot of milage on the clock.

Chisora hopefully has made his money as he needs to retire ASAP.