• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Parker world title and all still isn’t New Zealand’s best ever heavyweight. David Tua would have knocked out some of the guys Parker has gone life and death within a round. Just can’t see how Parker wins. He isn’t a very good boxer and I don’t think he hits hard enough to keep Joshua off him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He's been skillfully managed and badly coached
Tend to agree. He's still pretty much making the same mistakes he made early in his pro career. Hell he still doesn't properly turn over his hooks and slaps with them way too much. All we hear from Kevin Barry are heartwarming stories about when they first met and how he's like a second son etc etc...sure I'm happy for you but in the mean time it appears Barry has no other pro boxer in his stable and is highly dependent on Parker as his income. Could be wrong but it just seems like he's a glorified fitness coach and father figure more than someone who's actually going to arm him with the tools he needs. He has underrated physical tools but he's never maximised them.

Parker world title and all still isn’t New Zealand’s best ever heavyweight. David Tua would have knocked out some of the guys Parker has gone life and death within a round. Just can’t see how Parker wins. He isn’t a very good boxer and I don’t think he hits hard enough to keep Joshua off him.
Yeah mid-90s Tua would have KO-ed every opponent Parker's been in with.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Wow... that was actually very competitive. Pricey had Povetkin seriously hurt. Just wish he'd gone for it in the 5th. Povetkin was in trouble.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These SKY commentators are so amateurish. That's one thing the UFC seem to do a lot better than boxing.
I don't watch UFC but the new lot that SKY use other than the fit presenter are poor. Nowhere near as good as McGuigan and Watt were as summarisers.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol at those scorecards

Parker should look back on this as a lost opportunity as Joshua was incredibly limited and there for the taking

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
poor fight, poor ref. Strange scorecards but Parker hardly threw a punch all night so as limited as Joshua was it didn't matter as Parker turned up for the cheque and never tried to win.

Niall

International Coach
Joshua a deserved winner, but the referee was poor and the scoring was sillier than the Wilder fight last month.

Dull fight though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Had it 115-113 for Joshua.

Parker could have won it if he was busier in the last 3 rounds. Missed opportunity there. Well, not really because the judges would've still given it to AJ.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
joshua was looking for the ref everytime parker got inside but parker infuriatingly never ever tried to make it a fight inside. he just allowed himself to be leant on by joshua.

reminded me of tyson who would let the same thing happen everytime he got inside. absolutely zero game up close. weird for a heavy of his size.