• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Easy to forget the probable fight of the year is on later with all this Floyd talk:ph34r:

Probably jinxed him, but think Ward will get it done, but very excited. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Easy to forget the probable fight of the year is on later with all this Floyd talk:ph34r:

Probably jinxed him, but think Ward will get it done, but very excited. :)
Yeah, quite so. The Ring has them at #1 & #2 in their pound for pound list, so match ups don't get much better.

Throw in a (mildly) debatable decision in their first fight and what seems like genuine needle (as opposed to ****ish trash talk) and it could be a classic.

Each probably earning about a tenth of what McGregor will get for donating his chin to Mayweather. Sigh.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The boxing bloke on TALKsport reckons the top 100 amateur boxers in England of the same weight would beat McGregor. If he's seriously at that level it's hard to see how this fight can be allowed.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The boxing bloke on TALKsport reckons the top 100 amateur boxers in England of the same weight would beat McGregor. If he's seriously at that level it's hard to see how this fight can be allowed.
Money

To put things into perspective, one of the boxing commissions refused to sanction a fight between Ward and a top 20 fighter as they regarded it as a mismatch

McGregor is not a top 100 boxer

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couple of low blows but Kov was basically done anyway as he was broken physically and mentally

Anyway, Ward is my favourite boxer but he is also incredibly dirty and uses whatever tools there are at his disposal to win

IMO, he is a more skilled version of Hopkins and I rate him above Floyd on a P4P basis as whilst they are both incredibly skillful with great boxing brains, Ward is also happy to turn it into a war if need be and is nowhere near as selective when it comes to choice of opponents

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that I disagree with them (or have an opinion) but the boxing blokes are hardly going to say anything else. Saying McGregor has a chance would basically be admitting your sport is turd.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not that I disagree with them (or have an opinion) but the boxing blokes are hardly going to say anything else. Saying McGregor has a chance would basically be admitting your sport is turd.
Maybe. But he's also not prone to making predictions that have the potential to make himself look silly.

Shri

Mr. Glass
MCGregor gets money whether he wins or loses, right? Whats stopping him from kicking Mayweather in the head?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's not really about being sued or arrested. There are a number of circumstances that allow the governing body of professional boxing to withhold a competitors purse. I haven't read the small print regarding such matters but I would venture the opinion that the use of karate is covered somewhere within.

King Pietersen

International Captain
No doubt it'll be in the contract too that if he head-kicks Floyd he'll forfeit his purse. He'd be seriously dumb to do that.

They should make this a 3 stages of hell type series of matches. Fight 1 - Boxing, Fight 2 - MMA, Fight 3 - Kickboxing.