• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Interesting that Conor Benn's power seems to have disappeared LOL.

His excellency has came through for Beterbiev v Bivol also 1st of June.:inlove:

Niall

International Coach
Predictions

Joshua over Ngannou on points (fairly lop-sided)
Zhang KO's Parker in round 6
Yeah think Joshua wins easily enough on points also, I might throw a few pound on him by UD.

Zhang probably by KO but parker maybe survives until round 8 or so.

Ryan Garcia seems in a very bad place right now, that fight v Haney is not happening.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah think Joshua wins easily enough on points also, I might throw a few pound on him by UD.

Zhang probably by KO but parker maybe survives until round 8 or so.

Ryan Garcia seems in a very bad place right now, that fight v Haney is not happening.
I reckon if Parker can make it to round 8 his odds of winning rise dramatically. I'd still probably back Zhang to win if the fight goes to the judges but reckon it will be very close. Really looking forward to it either way.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the Zhang vs Jerry Forrest fight is very interesting. Forrest is a pretty good fighter, so I'm not saying it reflects badly on Zhang, as other people have.

On the contrary, the fact that Zhang was able to drop him so easily in those first few rounds is pretty ominous. Forrest has good boxing skills and a ton of heart.

Still, there were things that Forrest was able to do in that fight that Parker could do.

One thing is for sure, it will be absolutely nothing like the Wilder fight. More similar to Parker-Ruiz I'd imagine.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the Zhang vs Jerry Forrest fight is very interesting. Forrest is a pretty good fighter, so I'm not saying it reflects badly on Zhang, as other people have.

On the contrary, the fact that Zhang was able to drop him so easily in those first few rounds is pretty ominous. Forrest has good boxing skills and a ton of heart.

Still, there were things that Forrest was able to do in that fight that Parker could do.

One thing is for sure, it will be absolutely nothing like the Wilder fight. More similar to Parker-Ruiz I'd imagine.
Which most consider Parker to have lost

Anyway, it will be far better for boxing if Zhang flattens him as the latter’s potential fights against Usyk, Fury and Joshua will then hold far more interest

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Which most consider Parker to have lost

Anyway, it will be far better for boxing if Zhang flattens him as the latter’s potential fights against Usyk, Fury and Joshua will then hold far more interest
Yeah I was just thinking that.

No one particularly wants to see Parker-AJ again

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Btw I think Parker's punch resistance has been gone, probably since the Whyte fight.

I know Zhang is heavy handed but I also saw him wobbled by Keane a few times.

Think he should be careful how much longer he fights on.

social

Fury’s performance against Ngannou should now be seen for what it was

It was a money grab and he obviously didn’t train for it at all

Joshua looked fit and Ngannou looked what he is - a relative novice

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, didn't look like a particularly powerful punch that sent him to the canvas in the 3rd. Was really lucky with that right hook in the 10th that grazed his cheek, that lands flush and it's all over. If he can get through the Zhang rematch, I reckon he's got enough left for one more crack at one of the belt holders and then he should call it a day.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, didn't look like a particularly powerful punch that sent him to the canvas in the 3rd. Was really lucky with that right hook in the 10th that grazed his cheek, that lands flush and it's all over. If he can get through the Zhang rematch, I reckon he's got enough left for one more crack at one of the belt holders and then he should call it a day.
Honestly I hope the Saudis put some money there to do away with the rematch.

Think there are more interesting fights out there for both guys.

Zhang-Andy Ruiz. Zhang Wilder. Zhang Frank Sanchez.

Parker Whyte 2. Parker Usyk if he wins against Fury. Parker Hrgovic.

social

Anyone else mystified as to why Chinese money hasn’t really backed Zhang?

No way that he drops the Hrgovic decision if it was held in China and probably would have gotten the W over Parker as well

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly I hope the Saudis put some money there to do away with the rematch.

Think there are more interesting fights out there for both guys.

Zhang-Andy Ruiz. Zhang Wilder. Zhang Frank Sanchez.

Parker Whyte 2. Parker Usyk if he wins against Fury. Parker Hrgovic.
I reckon Parker probably walks through Whyte these days. The Whyte match was the last fight of the Barry era, Parker looked awful and he still was probably only 20 seconds away from scoring a KO. On the other hand I reckon Parker would have big problems v Hrgovic, though it has to be said Parker appears much improved. Would be a good fight if it could be made, though I suspect that Joshua will be lining up Hrgovic for the vacant IBF belt.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Parker probably walks through Whyte these days. The Whyte match was the last fight of the Barry era, Parker looked awful and he still was probably only 20 seconds away from scoring a KO. On the other hand I reckon Parker would have big problems v Hrgovic, though it has to be said Parker appears much improved. Would be a good fight if it could be made, though I suspect that Joshua will be lining up Hrgovic for the vacant IBF belt.
Yes Whyte is easy money for Parker unless he's juiced to the gills which I have my suspicions of. But Parker deserves a fight like that where he'd stylistically get to look like a killer.

After building some great resume fights he needs one where he can really look like he's dangerous and I think someone with a dodgy chin and slow feet like Whyte would be perfect for that.

Hrgovic is a hard fight, but not unwinnable. Just don't see it being particularly entertaining and even if he did win it's unlikely to be in a fashion where he'd then be able to convince the crowd that he'd be a fun title fight.

social

Parker has 2 consecutive statement wins

In a perfect world, he’d be fighting Joshua for either the vacant IBF or the right to fight the winner of Usyk/Fury & Hrgovic wouldn’t be in the picture

Hrgovic has fought 2 complete scrubs in a row and doesn’t deserve a shot in front of Parker but this is boxing so he’ll fight Joshua next because that’s where the money is

Parker - Whyte is whatever

Parker - Sanchez is big risk for minimal reward

Parker - Ruiz is a name who could be a massive risk depending upon the version which turns up

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Parker has 2 consecutive statement wins

In a perfect world, he’d be fighting Joshua for either the vacant IBF or the right to fight the winner of Usyk/Fury & Hrgovic wouldn’t be in the picture

Hrgovic has fought 2 complete scrubs in a row and doesn’t deserve a shot in front of Parker but this is boxing so he’ll fight Joshua next because that’s where the money is

Parker - Whyte is whatever

Parker - Sanchez is big risk for minimal reward

Parker - Ruiz is a name who could be a massive risk depending upon the version which turns up
It's hard to know with Ruiz, because the **** won't get in the ring. In 3 and a half years he's fought a 40 year old Arreola (and got dropped) and scraped past a probably 50 year old Ortiz. He was an excellent boxer, but at this point I think Parker probably beats him based solely on the fact that he's been in the ring with decent opposition.