• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Zhang and Wilder are in the final stages of agreeing a fight for June 1. Saudi's must've driven a dump truck of money up to Zhang's house to get him to waive his rematch clause with Parker. Should be fun if it happens.

Also rumors circulating that Parker is in talks for a rematch with Joyce which -if true - would be such a bad move imo. Joyce is just too active and strong for Parker. If Parker wants to avenge one of his L's then Whyte would be a waaaay better option.

Although if the talk of Hrgovic fighting Dubois is true then it does make me wonder if the Saudis are also trying to clear the deck for a Joshua-Parker rematch.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Zhang and Wilder are in the final stages of agreeing a fight for June 1. Saudi's must've driven a dump truck of money up to Zhang's house to get him to waive his rematch clause with Parker. Should be fun if it happens.

Also rumors circulating that Parker is in talks for a rematch with Joyce which -if true - would be such a bad move imo. Joyce is just too active and strong for Parker. If Parker wants to avenge one of his L's then Whyte would be a waaaay better option.

Although if the talk of Hrgovic fighting Dubois is true then it does make me wonder if the Saudis are also trying to clear the deck for a Joshua-Parker rematch.
Agree on all points.

Parker taking the Joyce fight is all risk, no reward. If i was managing him I would look to fight someone else. But...I guess with the money the saudis are putting up he's probably not looking to turn things down.

Gee, Ruiz must be kicking himself not being active.

thierry henry

International Coach
Joyce is still a terrible fight for Parker. He should aim to either flog Whyte, or he could probably still have a competitive fight with AJ that he might be able to nick on his best day.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree on all points.

Parker taking the Joyce fight is all risk, no reward. If i was managing him I would look to fight someone else. But...I guess with the money the saudis are putting up he's probably not looking to turn things down.

Gee, Ruiz must be kicking himself not being active.
The Ruiz situation is just strange

Guy posts photos of himself looking fit all the time and never fights

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is typical of his posts and he seems to call someone out every month

Parker probablywould have actually lost money fighting e.g. Jack Massey, when sparring partner fees, coaching fees etc taken into account.

But he did it to keep himself active.

And that ultimately got him the Saudi fights.

Ruiz should be doing the same thing. Foght anybody just stay active.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tszyu lost to Fundora in a fight that probably should have been stopped early due to a cut sustained by Tim

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tszyu lost to Fundora in a fight that probably should have been stopped early due to a cut sustained by Tim
Yeah, weird fight.

I always felt Fundora had more of a chance than Thurman but didn't like the way the cut effected the outcome so much.

I also think it was an insane choice for a late callup. Completely different styles, dimensions and also southpaw compared to what Tsyu would have been training for.

Should have a rematch IMO.

Niall

International Coach
This is a great fight for Parker, should get to look pretty good against a washed Dillian (UNLESS he's been juicing up to his **** on his time out)

Deserves a nice showcase fight IMO.
Yeah more I think about it don't mind it to much, the guy just fought Wilder and Zhang in a three month period and probably wants to fight Whyte before Summer, in this era of people sitting on their arse you have to admire that workrate.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, if he can beat Parker then he'll probably have a good shot at one last big money payday with AJ before the latter goes off to fight the winner of the Fury-Usyk fights. Though given how effective Parker has been with his uppercut in recent fights, I tend to think Whyte probably gets knocked out by round 6 at the latest.

fourfoursonthetrott

Cricket Spectator
Good few months of boxing coming up.

April 20th (New York)

Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia

May 4th (Las Vegas)

Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia

May 6th (Tokyo, Japan)

Naoya Inoue vs Luis Nery

May 18th (Saudi)

Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk (Undisputed)

Jai Opetaia vs Briedis
Kabayel vs Sanchez
Kovalev vs Safar
Chamberlain vs Wahab
Itauma vs Mezencev
Lowe vs Ahmadi

June 1st (Saudi)

Beterbiev vs Dimitry Bivol (Main Event)

Deontay Wilder vs Zhilei Zhang
Filip Hrgovic vs Daniel Dubois
Ray Ford vs Nick Ball
Craig Richards vs Willy Hutchinson
Ammo Williams vs Hamzah Sheeraz

Niall

International Coach
Saudi cards are top stuff aye.

Not much interest in watching Haney stroll to a UD sadly.

No pillow fisted ladies. :clap: