• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lopez is another in the long line of incredibly talented boxers with a complicated personal life

Best in 2 weight divisions at 25 is nothing to be sneezed at

For his part, Taylor has been struggling with weight for years but hard to feel sorry for him after the Catterall robbery and his behaviour in the aftermath

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim Tszyu's 1st round demolition of ranked contender Carlos Ocampo suggests he could be favourite in a unification bout with Charlo.

social

Charlo doesn’t have a history of ducking but wouldn’t surprise me if he vacates as he’s big for 154 and 160 is pretty open atm

Will find out shortly as fight has been ordered to take place by September 30

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Usyk is starting to look kinda old and kinda tired in these press conferences. Or maybe he's just bored.

Think TH had it right when he mentioned that Usyk is on the downward slide, physically. Wish we could have got undisputed 2 years ago and let him sail off into the sunset then. Fighting all these mandatories including tough fights like the winner of Joyce/Zhang and/or Hrgovic is going to be brutal.

social

Fury v Ngannou in a boxing match is not much better than Floyd’s exhibitions

The guy cannot box at all

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Fury v Ngannou in a boxing match is not much better than Floyd’s exhibitions

The guy cannot box at all
Difference is Floyd had already dominated multiple weight divisions and was already recognised as one of the best boxers of his era, and was coming out of retirement for a circus fight.

Fury has not.

social

Difference is Floyd had already dominated multiple weight divisions and was already recognised as one of the best boxers of his era, and was coming out of retirement for a circus fight.

Fury has not.
I’m not knocking Floyd as it’s easy money for a retired fighter

Fury is following the same strategy while “champion”

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I’m not knocking Floyd as it’s easy money for a retired fighter

Fury is following the same strategy while “champion”
I mean don't get me wrong Floyd was also a master at being strategic with his matchmaking. No one can retire without losses unless they're being very selective and using the "a side b side" crap to their advantage. Styles make fights, doesn't matter how good you are if you fight everyone you're gonna pick up a loss or two.

Fury is taking it to the next level though.

social

So the exhibition has been confirmed

Meanwhile another heavyweight with a manufactured record is arguing with Ruiz on instagram

Niall

International Coach
Its going to be dire, Fury will hold him up and drop him late in the fight.

It won't do anything close to Floyd v Conor numbers but unfortunately think it will do fine financially, Fury does have a big fanbase who will shell out money for this trash.