• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He's an ancient 35 year old natural featherweight fighting a young prime undisputed lightweight champion who will probably end up as a welterweight by the end of his career.

It is an insane achievement to be in such a competitive fight, let alone probably win.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the Tszyu undercard and almost :sick: at the Parker promo

There’s poetic license & then there’s this crap

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Andre Ward was a great fighter but also he retired because Beterbiev and Bivol existed, and there was no way he wanted to fight those guys.

Some of these guys know their limitations and either go the Floyd route of picking and choosing when/where/how/who they fight or are smart enough to time their exit well.

Canelo could have retired after KOing Kovalev and we'd now all be saying how great he was.

social

Hope that Fury is leaving Australia soon as these rumours are ridiculous

Get him back to the UK to talk about Chisora 4 or some other nonsense

Niall

International Coach
Lara looked drained tonight, just no urgency a strange performance. Okolie **** me, what a bust he was and Sky spent a lot of money on him, Conlan has reached his ceiling that was another brutal knockdown.

Niall

International Coach
Conlan should seriously consider retirement
He has made his money and its not exactly a secret he keeps some "interesting friends" ,,,my fav Michael Conlan story is getting a tip on him to win his first professional fight in round 3 and bookies getting pounded , he refused to throw a punch in 1st 2 rounds and then bang bang.

Brilliant amateur who never quite made the step up, but nonetheless his fight with Wood will be remembered for a long time.

No point hanging around with his style and not sure their is an obvious cash out fight either sadly.

social

He has made his money and its not exactly a secret he keeps some "interesting friends" ,,,my fav Michael Conlan story is getting a tip on him to win his first professional fight in round 3 and bookies getting pounded , he refused to throw a punch in 1st 2 rounds and then bang bang.

Brilliant amateur who never quite made the step up, but nonetheless his fight with Wood will be remembered for a long time.

No point hanging around with his style and not sure their is an obvious cash out fight either sadly.

Very rare to have a happy ending when a fighter’s punch resistance has gone

Not only was the Wood knockout brutal but it came when he was absolutely exhausted as well

Career ending stuff similar to Meldrick Taylor

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Okolie's rise was insane.

Moronic UK pundits were calling him number 1 in the division, just completely forgetting about Briedis, Dorticos and Jai frikken Opetaia who would wipe the floor with him.

Niall

International Coach
Okolie's rise was insane.

Moronic UK pundits were calling him number 1 in the division, just completely forgetting about Briedis, Dorticos and Jai frikken Opetaia who would wipe the floor with him.

Boxxer have paid a lot of money for him and Buatsi oops.

Looking at upcoming confirmed fights, we finally have Spence Crawford which I can't predict but if gun to head etc Crawford.

And Taylor v Lopez, 2 lads who nobody believes won their last fights (Caterall/Martin) think Taylor if his head is switched on should win but obviously a big if.

social

I don’t believe that Spence has recovered from his car accident

Guy should have died and appears to be punchy as a result

Crawford is a monumental talent but not young

Shame that it didn’t happen a few years ago

Lopez will beat Taylor if switched on but that’s no guarantee at all

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Lopez has been switched on since the Lomachenko win, and at 140 I think he's nothing special.