• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling attacks better than the current NZ one in Zimbabwe (knee jerk rage thread)

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I heard Dagg was quite gun in school stuff.

The full strength ND attack (Southee, Boult, Arnel, Aldridge, Vettori) is better than this one surely. Has two of the three main NZ bowlers plus the best up and comer and two domestic champs.

Those ND bastards.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Thread is in the spirit of my Martin one last year (bowlers better than Chris Martin), where he had that crazy spell against India right after I opened my mouth. We need a similar anti-jinx to escape this.:ph34r:
Worked again.:p

To start a thread for Indian bowlers next.:ph34r:

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I seriously hope Southee, Martin, Bracewell and Vettori is better as that's what we'll be dishing up against Australia. Adding Andy MmmmKay as a 5th bowler would add a little random aggression if we're willing to accept some batting frailty.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bowling attacks better than current nz one in zimbabwe:
Chris Martin
Daniel Vettori
Doug Bracewell
Dropkins

:ph34r:

Meridio

International Regular
Bowling attacks better than current nz one in zimbabwe:
Chris Martin
Daniel Vettori
Doug Bracewell
Dropkins

:ph34r:
There is no way any group of players including Flopkins could be better than one without him. Hang your head in shame.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Sri La

nope. Can't do it
:laugh:

How the hell does Jeetan Patel keep getting picked for New Zealand? Quite frankly, the guy is a joke of a cricketer. Surely there are other better options than Patel for the 2nd spinner spot. What about somebody like Bruce Martin?

Even Guptill has outbowled Patel in recent times.

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh:

How the hell does Jeetan Patel keep getting picked for New Zealand? Quite frankly, the guy is a joke of a cricketer. Surely there are other better options than Patel for the 2nd spinner spot. What about somebody like Bruce Martin?

Even Guptill has outbowled Patel in recent times.
Patel was well out of contention before having an Excellent English summer in first division there.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think Hamish Bennett, Andy Mckay, Daniel Vettori, Chris Martin and Tim Southee can from a really good bowling attack for tests, especially in Australia. Where are Bennett and Southee?? and does Mckay play the longer format??
Williamson also looks like a good part time off spinner. I don't think their bowling attack is that bad.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
nathan mcCullum has to be a better choice than jeets he can bat aswell.
Yap, a better fielder aswell. Mcullum has improved his bowling and batting a lot,
he needs to be handled well, I think teams outside subcontinent should be patient with spinners, Australia has tried so many spinners after Warne, but they haven't persisted with any of them, they have dropped them after a few bad performances. Spinners need a lot of experience to get matured, Mcullum needs to be given a lot of exposure in tests.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Nathan McCullum is not a test quality spinner. Watch him bowl in ODIs, then go look at his FC record.
I know his FC bowling record isn't that impressive, but Vettori is the main spinner, Mcullum as a second spinner won't be such a bad option and it would also increase the depth in the batting lineup. And Mcullum looked a much better bowler in his previous few ODIs, he has added some variations to his bowling.