• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps Squad

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain
Let's be honest chaps if it does rain and we only get a point each & Pakistan go on to beat England and sneak through we'll have to fairly cop it & accept while we're a little unlucky ultimately we weren't quite good enough. Let's not forget we were somewhat fortunate in the end to reach the semis in 2019.
I cant cope with that seriously, this being the last wc for so many greats and with nz not winning in 2019 due to boundary count, it cant end like this.

King Kane

International Debutant
Hopefully we get a full game in on Thursday or at least get the chance to get a DLS win, I wouldn't want us to be relying on England beating Pakistan.

King Kane

International Debutant
That will be a funny twist of fate after losing to England on boundary count 😂
Yeah hilarious.

We would really only have ourselves to blame though after losing what should have been an unloseable game when we scored 401 against Pakistan.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I’ve come to peace with not making the semi finals. We won the world test championship so at least we have something.

Everyone is playing for second anyway as it stands.

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah hilarious.

We would really only have ourselves to blame though after losing what should have been an unloseable game when we scored 401 against Pakistan.
Game against Aus where Pat Cummins went berserk against Neeshams slot balls scoring 38 at 250sr and those drop catches will hurt the most

King Kane

International Debutant
Yeah bowling first to SA and Australia were dumb mistakes too, we still had a chance to beat the Aussies even after that dumb mistake but we blew it.

I’ve come to peace with not making the semi finals. We won the world test championship so at least we have something.

Everyone is playing for second anyway as it stands.
Even if we manage to hold on to 4th spot we will probably get clobbered by India like most teams would but it would still be nice to make the semis.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Even if we manage to hold on to 4th spot we will probably get clobbered by India like most teams would but it would still be nice to make the semis.
I think NZ is the only team in this WC who i think can beat India and is the team that has come closest to beating India.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think NZ is the only team in this WC who i think can beat India and is the team that has come closest to beating India.
SA can beat India. So can Australia. In fact, with Henry out, I'd say we're the least likely if we make the semis...but I'd still give us a chance.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Game against Aus where Pat Cummins went berserk against Neeshams slot balls scoring 38 at 250sr and those drop catches will hurt the most
That was mud, but I wouldn't blame Neesham too much. That's one moment of many that we failed to seize. Kane and Rachin are the only players in the squad who can say they've consistently contributed to the sort of cricket we need to play in the semis.

Flem274*

123/5
That was mud, but I wouldn't blame Neesham too much. That's one moment of many that we failed to seize. Kane and Rachin are the only players in the squad who can say they've consistently contributed to the sort of cricket we need to play in the semis.
It was also one moment rather than something like the several hours of not helping from the bowlers.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weather update as at 2 hours ago, and apparently the heaviest rainfall seen there since 2015, so effectively if Pakistan beat England they grab the 4th semi-final spot.

1699423751219.png

Sunil1z

International Regular
Imagine the luck Pakistanis have.

The only rained out match would be one that might eliminate them from WC
Netherlands beat SA in 2022 WT20 last year to put them in SF

Flem274*

123/5
It's a good thing they didn't burn down the internet with the whinging in 2019 about coming 5th due to NRR and a pool play washout for the NZ-India game.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I really don't know where these pictures are coming from. Think social media is pranking NZ with old pics.

If it rains heavily @karan_fromthestands' place will be the first one to get flooded.
Agree, I live in a flood prone area. Plus the traffic gets terrible if it starts raining in parts of Bangalore, none of that is happening right now. You never know what will happen on match day though. We might get a rain-curtailed game, but don't expect a washout.