• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps Squad

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a good thing they didn't burn down the internet with the whinging in 2019 about coming 5th due to NRR and a pool play washout for the NZ-India game.
NZ had a lot more luck than just that in terms of fixtures getting washed out but you can't complain about not qualifying after getting rekt by WI like that. Not dropping games to the also rans is just as important as winning games as the underdog.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ had a lot more luck than just that in terms of fixtures getting washed out but you can't complain about not qualifying after getting rekt by WI like that. Not dropping games to the also rans is just as important as winning games as the underdog.
Did Pakistan get a few washouts? I though the nz India game was one of the few that did which is why it was quite influential? Can't remember.

But yeah we can't say nz are unlucky here. 3 games they could - maybe should given their position at the end - have won.

I'm not counting SL as a sure win either. They have a habit of pulling a performance out of their arse and they'll be motivated after Shakibs antics.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did Pakistan get a few washouts? I though the nz India game was one of the few that did which is why it was quite influential? Can't remember.

But yeah we can't say nz are unlucky here. 3 games they could - maybe should given their position at the end - have won.

I'm not counting SL as a sure win either. They have a habit of pulling a performance out of their arse and they'll be motivated after Shakibs antics.
Yeah, Pak Vs SL got washed out too which was rough. But that WI loss was just so incredibly shameful and fair enough it kept us out.

SL have a better chance in a shortened game. If it turns into a T20 and Mendis goes big for example, SL could pull off a heist but NZ definitely start out as favourites.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Why was KJ not in the team? Would have been better than Southee and Ferguson for sure.
I wouldn't say 'for sure' because Jamieson has been terrible in white-ball cricket to date. He probably will turn into a decent bowler at some stage though - getting the new ball should help.

Ferguson a massive disappointment to me.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As much as I love Conway, 1 milestone score in 10 innings is quite poor. I know the "if you take away the runs they score" is dumb but scoring 220 runs in 9 innings is Latham-esque imo (average of 24).

Southee and Neesham the only bowlers to go for more than 6 an over. I like Neesh, and he is a big game player as the Aus match proved but they felt a bit passengerish - Neesh at least with his bowling, which was not suitable for the tournament pitches at all. I feel for him.

No more Southee in ODIs please.

The big what ifs will always be Henry and Williamson playing the whole tournament.