• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowling actions ever

smash84

The Tiger King
Me neither. Love watching Waqar's yorkers, but his action wasn't what you could describe as 'smooth' or 'effortless'. Surely enough, his action hurt his back.
Even Imran or Kapil's actions were not smooth (quite demanding on the body) but they had a nice high jump at the end. There was a little known SL bowler Pramodya Wickremesinghe his action was pretty good too.

I don't mind actions which hurt the body as long as they are aesthetically pleasing to me. Micheal Holding probably would not have liked Imran or Kapil's action because he was never a big fan of the jump.

Midwinter

State Captain
Holding was my first thought.

Lillee's was good, agree with Hadlee and Donald.

Any thoughts on Fred Truman or Frank Tyson ?

Holding was something special though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wasim Akram
The first thing to note about Wasim’s bowling action is it made him seem faster than he was, and he was fast enough to begin with! Consider Brett Lee for a moment. Brett Lee in his prime was extremely fast, but many batsman could sort of get used to when he’d let the ball go. Wasim rolled his arm over very quickly in sort of a whippy fashion. It made it very hard for batsmen to guess when the ball was coming out.

I also wonder whether there was something about Wasim’s bowling action that made swing bowling easier. Unlike most bowlers, who deliver the ball from a side-on position, Akram delivered the ball from a front on position. I wonder whether that helped him move the ball.

Many batsmen have talked about being intimidated by him. At 6’4 off a strong run, you’d know the ball was about to be delivered at pace, but then it’s difficult to guess when he’d let the ball go. There was something bustling about his action, as if everything was happening before you were ready.
You added a few inches there.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chris Martin's action is very soothing on the eye. It's just so fluid. I don't even rate him as a bowler but I love watching him bowl.

Flem274*

123/5
Chris Martin's action is very soothing on the eye. It's just so fluid. I don't even rate him as a bowler but I love watching him bowl.
Hate it tbh. Combined with his run in he looks like he wants to go into the fields and make daisy chains.

Dale Steyn, through sheer awesomeness.

Bond.

Tremlett.

cnerd123

likes this
Irfan when he was new, had the energetic run, the leap, the wind-up, the pace, swing, the follow through. Lovely.

Warne, so classically easily, so simple, so deceptive.

Sehwag's offies. Another one, so smooth and easy.

Loving Steyn's atm.

I think I'll have a few more names once I'm done trawling through Robelinda's Youtube vids.