• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

cnerd123

likes this
79 off the first 11 overs, positive start by the openers. Ashraful is a Superb bat who is still being trained on a single net, Nuwarapaksha is Proficient. If they can take a chunk out of this chase early it sets us up well. Asking rate still hovering at a bit above 7 RPO, need to keep it there and not let it get too out of hand.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea that's what I was thinking. Jegaruban bowling annoyingly well. Asking rate still under 8 but slowly creeping up. Both batters have slowed down to a run-a-ball.

cnerd123

likes this
Ashraful out for 90 off 80, missing out on a ton. Has done a job tho. Jegaruban with 2 LBWs, wonder how much he's paid the ump :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
28-ball 50 for Rasel, 33-ball 50 for Onyango. 114 runs added in just 10.2 overs. Asking rate now just 6.14. Scintillating stuff.

14 overs left, a couple of wickets now would make for a really interesting game...

cnerd123

likes this
Done with 5.4 overs to spare, Rasel 115* off 67 and Onyango 91* off 56. Partnership of 200 runs in 18.4 overs. Outrageous.

Himannv

International Coach
Convincing win. Your batters came good when it mattered plus it gives me a good idea of where I need to strengthen.

cnerd123

likes this
Bizarre innings by Shahriar Rasel in the FC game today.

Was cruising at the start of the day - started on 31* off 28 overnight, and reached 125* off 121 by lunch. Brought up his 150 shortly after lunch off 145 balls with a boundary, picked up another boundary shortly after, and kept the scorecard ticking till he reached 165 off 155 balls.

Then he did not score a run off the bat for the next 40 balls he faced, and was dropped twice too! He hit a double to break that dot-ball streak, but then was dismissed 6 balls late. 167 off 202 balls.

Did he just run out of gas at the end? So strange.

cnerd123

likes this
Bazball has entered Battrick

1658389416046.png

They're probably not chasing this down, but the fact that they've batted nearly half of Day 3 without losing a wicket (we declared overnight) despite a first innings score of 113 is a pretty astonishing effort.

cnerd123

likes this
1658402971782.png

What a fitting end to the day. We only managed 8 wickets, with 3 dropped catches. Some frustrating bowling changes too, don't think our spinners bowled enough for a Day 3 Dusty pitch. That's my fault though - I should have changed my orders and put them as higher priority.

What's your team name @Son Of Coco ?

We should try to get a CW BT league set up in September sometime. I think we've got enough teams to use the BT Friendly comp system, just need everyone to keep their calendars clear.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ross Bower - 18 yo, BT Rating=24,285, Wage=£1,379
An attacking RH batter and a defensive RM bowler.
He has proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.
He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:mediocreBatting:feebleConcentration:competentBowling:strongConsistency:strongFielding:respectable

Steven Green - 18 yo, BT Rating=24,183, Wage=£1,650
A cautious RH batter and a defensive RH finger spin bowler.
He has competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina:respectableWicket Keeping:worthlessBatting:respectableConcentration:proficientBowling:strongConsistency:respectableFielding:respectable

Garth Watts - 18 yo, BT Rating=21,738, Wage=£1,282
A cautious RH batter and a cautious RH finger spin bowler.
He has abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:woefulBatting:strongConcentration:strongBowling:feebleConsistency:respectableFielding:competent

Son Of Coco

View attachment 32517

What a fitting end to the day. We only managed 8 wickets, with 3 dropped catches. Some frustrating bowling changes too, don't think our spinners bowled enough for a Day 3 Dusty pitch. That's my fault though - I should have changed my orders and put them as higher priority.

What's your team name @Son Of Coco ?

We should try to get a CW BT league set up in September sometime. I think we've got enough teams to use the BT Friendly comp system, just need everyone to keep their calendars clear.
We're 'Scroto's Sports Rorts'

cnerd123

likes this
New season new Match Engine!

I'm setting up a OD friendly comp on the game now, will send invites to the following teams:

Me = Robot Koalas CC
@dontcloseyoureyes = Central Districts. Franchise is Helsreach CC
@andruid = Chapati Madondo
@ataraxia = Atrocious Axolotls
@Himannv = Mad Hatters and March Hairz
@Jarquis = Ashgrove Astronauts

If anyone doesn't want to play lmk, I'll drop an invite to @Son Of Coco 's team instead!

Son Of Coco

New season new Match Engine!

I'm setting up a OD friendly comp on the game now, will send invites to the following teams:

Me = Robot Koalas CC
@dontcloseyoureyes = Central Districts. Franchise is Helsreach CC
@andruid = Chapati Madondo
@ataraxia = Atrocious Axolotls
@Himannv = Mad Hatters and March Hairz
@Jarquis = Ashgrove Astronauts

If anyone doesn't want to play lmk, I'll drop an invite to @Son Of Coco 's team instead!
I haven't logged back in to do anything since I signed up! Will have to get my arse into gear.

cnerd123

likes this
7 teams confirmed for the first ever (?) Battrick Cricketweb Championships!

Just waiting on @Jarquis 's Astronauts. If you're not keen then lmk, I'll withdraw the invite and send it @Son Of Coco 's way instead!