• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

cnerd123

likes this
Anyone still playing?

The subforum has been archived, which is sad:
Battrick

My newest team -Robot Koalas CC- have been going strong. Been doing the home-grown approach for around 2 seasons now. Quite enjoying it. Have also set up the Free HK Invitational friendly competition if anyone wants to join - open to teams of all levels.

Quite like the challenge of juggling three formats atm. Got a 20 man squad, which includes a few 20-YO 48 ITS YPs that really help because I can't buy players. One of them turned out to be a Proficient bat!

cnerd123

likes this
Bump

Robot Koalas CC now has a healthy 22-man squad - a properly defined First XI and Second XI. The First XI recently hit Quality/Prof batting and Prof/Prof bowling ratings, which is not bad for a fully home-grown side. The Second XI is significantly worse, but does the job vs bots. Some of the better plays occasionally play against other humans in Friendly games when I wanna rest some starters.

Any other CW Battrickers out there?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I still play on and off. Tend to go all in once every few years to see if I can make it to the top, but mostly I just log Saturdays to check training and do YP's.

Himannv

International Coach
I used to play regularly and went all the way to the top division in SL and then went broke competing up there. Around that time there were some issues accessing the site as well and my team disappeared so I just gave up.

cnerd123

likes this
I used to play regularly and went all the way to the top division in SL and then went broke competing up there. Around that time there were some issues accessing the site as well and my team disappeared so I just gave up.
tempted to rejoin? :ph34r:

I've been playing for ages too. On again, off again. I even ran for Nat manager when Bangladesh was first introduced into the game.

My current side is completely home grown. In division 3 for OD, 4 for FC and 5 for BT20. Training up my first U19 prospect now, and last OD Friendly ratings at full strength were:

Robot Koalas CC
Top Order: wonderful
Middle Order: proficient
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: abysmal
Batstats: 117

The U19 prospect is a bowling allrounder, and I've got two young seamers still on nets. Got a new 17 YO middle order prospect this week (Week 3 YP) who I'm double-netting. Could be first-XI ready by end of this season.

Himannv

International Coach
tempted to rejoin? :ph34r:

I've been playing for ages too. On again, off again. I even ran for Nat manager when Bangladesh was first introduced into the game.

My current side is completely home grown. In division 3 for OD, 4 for FC and 5 for BT20. Training up my first U19 prospect now, and last OD Friendly ratings at full strength were:

Robot Koalas CC
Top Order: wonderful
Middle Order: proficient
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: abysmal
Batstats: 117

The U19 prospect is a bowling allrounder, and I've got two young seamers still on nets. Got a new 17 YO middle order prospect this week (Week 3 YP) who I'm double-netting. Could be first-XI ready by end of this season.
Yeah, I've thought about rejoining but rebuilding my team from the scratch again is a bit of a bother. Used to be called Mad Hatterz (March Hairs was the franchise).

cnerd123

likes this
Yea the team building can be a grind. That's why I've gone home-grown. Bit more of a challenge, keeps things interesting.

Got a massive bank balance now as well - if only I could transfer that over to Stumped :/

Himannv

International Coach
Yea the team building can be a grind. That's why I've gone home-grown. Bit more of a challenge, keeps things interesting.

Got a massive bank balance now as well - if only I could transfer that over to Stumped :/
I usually just build up the magic 1.6 million and rarely hoard above that. I start off thinking I should only use home grown players but end up dipping into the transfer market and bidding to fill the gaps in my team. I'm just not financially responsible enough for the game maybe.

cnerd123

likes this
Looks like I don't have a friendly slot free till 10th Nov diu. Enter too many friendly competitions, have packed my schedule to the gills.