• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

cnerd123

likes this
120 mill isn't that much in the current economy. Could still build a side good enough to win the CWC tho, easily.

Our opponent for today's FC game has picked their Scottish International to open the batting. Weirdly he's opened the bowling too, 22 overs 0/152 lol.

He's not a particularly good bowler either looking at his career stats. I noticed he bowled in a few games last seasons (against us as well when he played) but has only delivered 61 overs in his FC career to date, so I think the manager has messed up his orders some point last season and hasn't bothered to correct them. That or he's bowling him for the exp gain? But killing his PFL. Maybe he hates the Scottish national team...

Himannv

International Coach
For 70 million you can easily buy a winning side that can still be cash flow positive. Spend on a couple of Elites once you get closer to the top and you’re set to at least be at the top of a country like Sri Lanka. You’ll need just a couple more Elites to push that towards World no 1 and you still will have cash in the bank.

cnerd123

likes this
For 70 million you can easily buy a winning side that can still be cash flow positive. Spend on a couple of Elites once you get closer to the top and you’re set to at least be at the top of a country like Sri Lanka. You’ll need just a couple more Elites to push that towards World no 1 and you still will have cash in the bank.
but surely the wages would kill you no? 100k+ a week per Elite player, with just 50 mill in the reserve there's only so far you can run a team like that.

Though I suppose it's a strategy for a good time not a long time heh. Then sell them off, crash, camp, recoup and go again...

Himannv

International Coach
but surely the wages would kill you no? 100k+ a week per Elite player, with just 50 mill in the reserve there's only so far you can run a team like that.

Though I suppose it's a strategy for a good time not a long time heh. Then sell them off, crash, camp, recoup and go again...
No you don’t go for a team full of Elites - instead you target guys around the 70K wage mark and get a team full of those. They’d cost you around 6 million per player and the wages will be manageable with the cash in the bank and also good weekly income since you’re winning.

Then you sell a couple and replace them with 2 lower wage Elites once you get to the top league. The transfer cost will be low so you’ll be good for a while with wages as well. I think that’ll take you almost to number one, so maybe a couple more Elites and you’ll be no1.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I could def buy my way up the divisions if I wanted and maybe will again in future. It would take a while though because I'd have to raise wage bills incrementally as I go up the Divs. But I kinda done my dash with Battrick for now. Had this team since 2005, made Div 1, had NT players and u19 players and spent many an hour playing. Just gonna sit on nets and sell the players I train and see if I get the itch again in future.

cnerd123

likes this
Farhad Jubair (5641032)shortcut
Farhad is a destructive RH Batter, and a defensive RFM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For:Robot Koalas CC
Nationality:Bangladesh
Battrick Rating:6,523
Wages:£830 p/w
Preference:None
Trait:None
Stamina:respectableWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:worthlessConcentration:worthless
Bowling:respectableConsistency:mediocre
Fielding:worthless

Pulled this gem with 35 ITS today. Will go onto 2 nets straight away, solid long term bowling prospect for RKCC.

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just started this up again for the first time in about 15 years... can anyone recommend what to do with Salaries when going to the transfer market to plug a couple of holes in the squad?

For example I only have two non-spin bowlers (an LFM and an RM), so wanted to find another. While there are a few attractive options starting at 1k, the salaries are all 5-10k a week which is considerably higher than the rest of the squad (1k max). Is that normal?

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just started this up again for the first time in about 15 years... can anyone recommend what to do with Salaries when going to the transfer market to plug a couple of holes in the squad?

For example I only have two non-spin bowlers (an LFM and an RM), so wanted to find another. While there are a few attractive options starting at 1k, the salaries are all 5-10k a week which is considerably higher than the rest of the squad (1k max). Is that normal?

Actually ignore me, I'm reading total wages over 6 weeks, aka being an idiot.

cnerd123

likes this
1661508366816.png

Astronauts holding firm at the top of the CWC Points Table, but Mad Hatters looking strong, unbeaten in 4 matches with a massive NRR. Chapati Madondo have banked some points in the kitty as well, while Central Districts seem to have gotten their **** together after a slow start to the competition - a Wonderful top order is not one to sniff at! Helsreach CC have been poor, while the Axolotis have struggled after their early couple of wins. RKCC have yet to play a game, just quietly observing from the sidelines...

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
That makes sense. I'm in England, there's a couple of players in my FC league. My bt20 and OD leagues are all bots though.

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
Screenshot_20220907-180457~2.png

Tried my luck with no ITS and generated this guy... Worth keeping, selling or firing?

Thinking will people be interested enough in the respectable to train up or do all the worthless add up to **** all?

Himannv

International Coach
Good pull for someone with nets available to train. It'll take some work getting the Stamina and secondary up.