• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of The Spinners

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ramadhin for me. Largely an instinctive call as I haven't seen any of the players bowl to any meaningful degree. Any spinner who turns it both ways must be an enormous boon to any team tho. Interesting that cricinfo says his leg-breaks (which I'm presuming were standard as opposed to Doosras) were delivered "with no discernible change of action".

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok Sunny makes it throught due to 2 hour rule, 13 to 5

Round One: Battle 4

Dilip Doshi
33 Tests, 114 wkts @ 30.71, 6 5-fers, 81.77 SR, 2.25 ER

Tony Lock
49 Tests, 174 wkts @ 25.58, 9 5-fers, 3 10-fers, 75.55 SR, 2.03 ER

Subhash Gupte
36 Tests, 148 wkts @ 29.55, 12 5-fers, 1 10-fer, 75.73 SR, 2.34 ER

Battle 4 provides you with two of India's greats up against one of the most under rated spinners in history.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll go for Subhash Gupte mainly for what Sir Gary Sobers said about him.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A toughie, as no less a judge than Sobers himself actually rates Gupte the best leggie he ever saw, even better than Warney.

But I think Lock his horrendously underrated having played in Laker's shadow for so long, so I'm going with Lock