• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of The Spinners

C_C

International Captain
adharcric said:
Are you suggesting that we have seedings? That would not only require prior rankings by chaminda_00, but also ruin the fun of it.
Unless you go with the seeding method, whatever you do is in a sense "randomized".
I am suggesting that lets be a bit more sensible and not pit greats against each other on 1st round and have some bowlers of much much lower quality make it into the second.
Anyways, i wont comment more on this - as i said in another thread, all these rating/ranking threads are rather stupid.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok guys 10-0 for Underwood so far, there is still 4 hours to go till the 12 hour mark is up. But i have to go to work in an hour, so unless there is a flood of votes for the other contenders. I will start the next battle, in a hour.

adharcric

International Coach
C_C said:
I am suggesting that lets be a bit more sensible and not pit greats against each other on 1st round and have some bowlers of much much lower quality make it into the second.
Anyways, i wont comment more on this - as i said in another thread, all these rating/ranking threads are rather stupid.
That means absolutely nothing. If you're going to state the obvious, at least provide a solution.
It would mean that the moderator has to move guys around to try and give them a better chance, which can get rather sketchy at some point. What did you have in mind?

If you don't like these threads, why do you bother reading or posting in them?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok Derek 'Deadly' Underwood is the first to go through 10-0.

Round One: Battle Two

Fred Titmus
53 Tests, 153 wkts @ 32.22, 7 5-fers, 98.81 SR, 1.95 ER

Mushtaq Ahmed
52 Tests, 185 wkts @ 32.97, 10 5-fers, 3 10-fers, 67.74 SR, 2.92 ER

Clarrie Grimmett
37 Tests, 216 wkts @ 24.21, 21 5-fers, 7 10-fers, 67.18 SR, 2.16 ER

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta be Clarrie for me, despite losing marks for being a voluntary Aussie. People can't help being born there, but to actually sign up for it... :p

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Gotta be Clarrie for me, despite losing marks for being a voluntary Aussie. People can't help being born there, but to actually sign up for it... :p
Actually the fact that wasn't really an Aussie makes me want to vote for him even more. Really wished he could've won the battle of the Aussies :D

a massive zebra

International Captain
Grimmett is mysteriously overrated by this board, especially considering the era in which he played and the average age of our members. This really should be a closer contest, so Mustaq it is.

sammylax112

Cricket Spectator
Battle of the Spinners

1 - Muralitharan, 1004 wickets at international level, 593 in tests + 411 in ODI's!!!!!!!:-O
2 - Warne, 952 wickets at international level, 659 in tests + 293 in ODI's!!:huh:

Both amazing players, i would have them in a world team anyday!!! :)