• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Australians - Mk II

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Miller is a massive personal hero of mine, and there are only two Australian cricketers in history I rank above him.

One is Bradman. The other is Warne.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Miller is a massive personal hero of mine, and there are only two Australian cricketers in history I rank above him.

One is Bradman. The other is Warne.
I'm sorry, but I can't accept this vote as it was cast past the 48 hour deadline. So as things stand, here is the count so far.

Warne 10, Miller 10.

Yeesh! I guess the onus is upon yours truly. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but since it has, the winner of the Battle of the Australians is...

Let me give it some thought and get back to you guys. :ph34r:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well, after having given a lot of thought I've decided that this is truly incredibly tough. There's not much between the two separating them. In fact, in my mind the two actually sit right up there at the top as the greatest Australian cricketers after the Don. Not being able to decide based on anything else, I'm going to have to play favorites and vote for the one man that has piqued my interest about Australian cricket more than anyone else and made me fall in love with his legend. Keith Ross Miller. So for the second time CW has decided on the second greatest man to have worn the green cap. Perhaps next time we can exclude him from the battles. :p

Winner of the Battle of the Australians

Thanks to all who voted, hope you guys had fun. I know there were some very tough battles early on but I thought it added to the drama.

bagapath

International Captain
what is the aussie XI from this poll?

I can see the following guys are there. can n.p. complete the team?

don bradman (being the automatic choice)
greg chappell
steve waugh
keith miller
adam gilchrist
shane warne
dennis lillee

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hmm, after including players who made it to the quarter finals and others who just barely missed out.

Don Bradman
Victor Trumper
Ricky Ponting
Greg Chappell
Steve Waugh
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist
Bill O'Reilly
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Glen McGrath

Not too shabby. :)

burr

State Vice-Captain
does it really end by an individual deciding to play favourites after someone else had effectively decided it in warne's favour? seems like a kind of lame, anti-climax ending to a 'battle'. and really, the score is now tied at 11-11. Should be some kind of extended deadline me thinks in the case of a tie.

pasag

RTDAS
does it really end by an individual deciding to play favourites after someone else had effectively decided it in warne's favour? seems like a kind of lame, anti-climax ending to a 'battle'. and really, the score is now tied at 11-11. Should be some kind of extended deadline me thinks in the case of a tie.
Yeah especially since Sean's vote was discounted yet NP's stood.

Great work though NP.