• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Australians - Mk II

gwo

U19 Debutant
As good as Miller is...

it's a joke how he got through.

he got through both his quarter final (against gilly) and final on deciding votes by NP.

Might as well be NP's favourite Australian Cricketers.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hmm...yes I can see how this would in fact be seen as a bad way to end a final, but the fact is that I had been doing this all through the battles. Never voting unless its a tie, others have also done this and it has worked quite well. I think there were a couple of battles I decided this way after they were all tied up after 48 hours, though I'm pretty sure Miller had not gotten through against Gilly in this manner. I had been enforcing the 48 hour deadline since the quarterfinals so when I came across this certain tie, I had to consider the way I had been doing things and an extension would anger others while voting myself to break the tie would anger people as well. In hindsight, I probably should've extended the deadline for a day (though I thought I had all bases covered by showing consistency!). Some of it also had to do with sheer convenience as I was looking at another 60 hour work week.

In any case, I apologize if the way things went down brought back memories of the recent World Cup final, but at least we have a worthy winner....

bagapath

International Captain
he is a worth winner no doubt. so would shane have been. i voted for miller but would have been equally happy any which way.