• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Ashes Moments

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clearly 8-)

So sick of you English posters. I'll truly neck myself if we lose at home

Oh wait. I forgot the :ph34r: smiley. I can say whatever I want now!
Oh we plead forgiveness from thou because thou art a truly exemplary poster...

:laugh: Jeez, give me a break.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(46)John Snow being manhandled on the boundary of the SCG 3 vs 12 (28)Bradman scoring 309 in a day

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not hooking obvz
= class.

Anyhow good battle this, except that I expect it to run along nakedly partisan lines. Consistently with that I have to go with Botham flaying the overhyped trundler without even bothering to look.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't agree with your point that the leg-side fielders turned it into a blood sport. They just turned intimidatory bowling (and no more intimidatory than Lillee and Thomson's) into negative intimidatory bowling, because the field set that way made it so difficult to score. The blood-sport element is the same either way. In fact the guy who really did regard bowling as a blood sport, literally, was Jeff "I enjoy hitting a batsman more than getting him out. I like to see blood on the pitch" Thomson.
Yeah that's a fair point mate. Certainly made it nigh impossible to score runs consistently.

Seriously Chuffed at that footage though. The amount of lift Thomson generated from a goodish length is insane really.

Waugh in this, plainly. At least he had his eyes open. Botham just fluked his. A decent sized ground and he's out. Nothing more than a lucky top edge.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Waugh. If it doesn't get through then this forum is full of one-eyed Englishmen :ph34r:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Waugh. The moment was great. The hoopla surrounding the knock for the next six months though was horrible. Books and DVD's?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I love SRW, but his achievement was a purely personal one; let's be frank that particular series was long dead by Sydney. His finest Ashes moment was surely 1989 when a callow Australian side who travelled as second favourites roundly trashed our motley collection with the great man the Australian weapon of choice and (IIRC) not even dismissed until the 3rd test.

Beefy.