• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was gonna vote Nasser until I saw candy's post. Someone who still winds the Aussies up like 75 years later gets my vote all day long. Watch out for my Gary Pratt vote in the 2080 BOTC.

Jardine

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was gonna vote Nasser until I saw candy's post. Someone who still winds the Aussies up like 75 years later gets my vote all day long. Watch out for my Gary Pratt vote in the 2080 BOTC.

Jardine
Ha, just had this image of you as a 90 year old on a walking frame at the nursing home doing your "The champ is here pose" and falling flat on your face and mumbling "Broady, Broady.."

Loving the Poms bagging Siddle et al for baggery but lauding a bloke who nearly caused a diplomatic incident. Perversely, I understand this..

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Jardine fans may be pleased to know that he is featured in the Radio 4 "Great Lives" series next Tuesday at 4.30pm (and presumably available on the iPlayer thereafter).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, just had this image of you as a 90 year old on a walking frame at the nursing home doing your "The champ is here pose" and falling flat on your face and mumbling "Broady, Broady.."

Loving the Poms bagging Siddle et al for baggery but lauding a bloke who nearly caused a diplomatic incident. Perversely, I understand this..
Siddle's Australian, what's not to get? If you want balanced and fair opinions, look elsewhere

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:-O

Please explain?
Well, Pataudi I confess I know not enough about (to my shame), and Nasser's just such a toss pot with that whiney voice of his and all that know-all malarky he carries on with, which is completely contrary to all my memories of him as a player - barr that double hundred I thought he was cod-ordinary... just horrendous frankly, and massively over-rated as a player tbh (despite being obviously better than Hayden - a sentiment for which there is not a rolleyes symbol in the world big enough).

And for all the crap he's copped over the years, what Jardine did was within the rules at the time. Which is why, much like Greg Chappell and underarm, you've got to respect and admire the tactics really, don't you? :ph34r:

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And for all the crap he's copped over the years, what Jardine did was within the rules at the time. Which is why, much like Greg Chappell and underarm, you've got to respect and admire the tactics really, don't you? :ph34r:
:laugh: - you should have left out the :ph34r: and kept us guessing

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Nasser's just such a toss pot with that whiney voice of his and all that know-all malarky he carries on with, which is completely contrary to all my memories of him as a player - barr that double hundred I thought he was cod-ordinary... just horrendous frankly, and massively over-rated as a player tbh (despite being obviously better than Hayden - a sentiment for which there is not a rolleyes symbol in the world big enough).
AWTA. The 207 was a sublime innings but apart from that he was scarcely Test standard.