• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban the ATG Draft - Voting

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
All but one participant have voted, as have 2 guests (thanks @anil1405 and @honestbharani ) and the deadline has been reached.

The results of Stage 1 saw kingkallis, JOJOXI and ataraxia advance from Pool 1 and Teuton, Pothas and Trundler from Pool2.

Their sides are presented again(but in different order) and participants and guests are invited to vote for the best team and the runner-up (1 and 2).
Voting will remain open for a week. May the best team win. Good luck.

FINAL VOTING

Pothas

Bruce Mitchell
Conrad Hunte
David Gower
Aravinda de Silva
Steve Waugh*
Polly Umrigar
Safaraz Ahmed+
Peter Pollock
Clarrie Grimmett
James Anderson
Courtney Walsh
12th Man: Harbhajan Singh

Trundler

Saeed Anwar
Geoffrey Boycott
Hashim Amla
Greg Chappell*
Shiv Chanderpaul
Ben Stokes
Les Ames+
Saqlain Mushtaq
Khan Mohammad
Jack Cowie
Neil Adcock
12th Man: Asif Iqbal

Teuton

Hanif Mohammad
Gary Kirsten
Clyde Walcott
Rohan Kanhai
Michael Clarke
Ted Dexter
Ravi Ashwin
Syed Kirmani
Jason Gillespie
Andy Roberts
John Snow
12th man: Yasir Shah

Ataraxia

Trevor Goddard
Vinoo Mankad
Kane Williamson
Martin Crowe
Peter May*
Kevin Pietersen
Mushtaq Mohammad
Jock Cameron +
Ray Lindwall
Shoaib Akhtar
Alec Bedser
12th Man: Erapilli Prasanna

JOJOXI

Arthur Morris
Gordon Greenidge
Ian Chappell (c)
Dudley Nourse
Zaheer Abbas
Angelo Mathews
Quinton de Kock (wk)
Harold Larwood
Fazal Mahmood
Bill O’Reilly
Shane Bond
12th man: Shahid Afridi

Kingkallis
CricZo XI

Bob Simpson
Desmond Haynes
Frank Worrell
Ross Taylor
Ajinkya Rahane
VVS Laxman
Prasanna Jayawardene +
Richie Benaud
Fred Trueman
Jeff Thomson
Trent Boult
12th player: Saeed Ajmal

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Ataraxia
KingKallis

Probably the hardest choice I've had on here and the more I see Ataraxia's side, the more I like it - probably wasn't in my top 2 if I was voting for a top 2 in first round but think I'm being less put off by KP at 6 today.

Quickly edited after my initial post to have Ataraxia at 1st and KingKallis 2nd - @Line and Length

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Ataraxia
KingKallis

Probably the hardest choice I've had on here and the more I see Ataraxia's side, the more I like it - probably wasn't in my top 2 if I was voting for a top 2 in first round but think I'm being less put off by KP at 6 today.

Quickly edited after my initial post to have Ataraxia at 1st and KingKallis 2nd - @Line and Length
Change noted. Thanks JOJOXI

ataraxia

International Coach
It's nice that such an unorthodox team as mine is receiving so many votes.

1st: JOJOXI
2nd: trundler

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JOJOXI has the clear standout team IMO. Been mulling over the other spot but I'll give it to Pothas.

JOJOXI
Pothas

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All worthy finalists.

Little surprised by the relative lack of love for kk's team thus far. Love his pace attack, good depth to the batting and some decent part time options to supplement the main bowlers.

Only nitpick I could make is that the three spin options in his starting XI all have a stock ball that turns away from the right hander.

JoJo's selection is worthy of consideration too and Q de K as his keeper probably means his batting slightly edges kk's, but I think I'd take the latter over his as kk has better back up bowling options. Mathews's mediums are decidedly useful in the shorter formats, but not so much in the gold standard and Chappelli's leggies look scarcely more than a fill in option at this level.

Going with Pothas at #1 tho. Awful lot of wickets in that attack and certainly the best (and best depth) of back up bowling options. Only (keeper aside) Hunte and Lord Gah not at least useful and even then both actually have test wickets.

So:

1) Pothas
2) kingkallis

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I initially was keeping the voting open for a week but, with all Stage 2 finalists having voted and no additional votes being cast in the past 4 days I think it is time to declare our winner.

JOJOXI polled 14 points to finish ahead of Pothas (9) and ataraxia (7).

Congratulations JOJO - you are a worthy winner.

Many thanks to all participants, your support and co-operation was greatly appreciated.