• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ball-Tampering Hearing

Fusion

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Yep, that's the whole point of ICC's political fudge as predicted weeks ago.

Even when a Pakistani individual is shown doing something blatantly illegal with the ball in the one day series he gets off - so what chance when nobody from outside has seen the evidence?
So typical. You went on and on when the whole thing unfolded about waiting for the hearing where the evidence will come out. Now that Pakistan have been vindicated, it's because of "politics". Of course if Pakistan were found guilty, you would've said it was fair. I want you and everyone else who so viciously attacked Pakistan and defended that beacon of truth and justice (Hair) to apologize. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure you and the others will come one here and keep up the familiar mantra of "politics as usual". Or something similar….everything except admit that Hair was wrong.
Anyway, I'm happy with the results. I think it's classy of Inzi and PCB to not appeal against the ban. They shouldn't drag this any further. I'm hoping this is the final nail in the coffin of Hair. Cricket would be so much better off without him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
Are you going to apologize Scaly?

Somehow, I doubt it. I had said that I would post an apology if Hair was found to be right. I hope you'll do the same.

With that said, I do think that he penalty should be harsher for bringing the game into disrepute, and orchestrating the first forfeit in the 127 year history of cricket.
Apologise for what? I'm not one of the people who judged Hair or Pakistan weeks ago. All I've said is that the ICC would do a political fudge whether they cheated or not because the evidence is in their possession and they can do what they like against Hair but not against Pakistan because they can politically push the ICC around. The predictable has happened and they got the decisions they wanted. This is politics, it stinks and it's full of lies.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Apologise for what? I'm not one of the people who judged Hair or Pakistan weeks ago. All I've said is that the ICC would do a political fudge whether they cheated or not because the evidence is in their possession and they can do what they like against Hair but not against Pakistan because they can politically push the ICC around. The predictable has happened and they got the decisions they wanted. This is politics, it stinks and it's full of lies.
So let me ask you something. How can Pakistan have proven their innocence in your eyes? Because according to you, this decision was based on politics. And you are saying that ICC would punish Hair, but not Pakistan due to fear of PCB. So based on this logic, there is no way to vindicate Pakistan! They were guilty the moment Hair labeled them as such and they shouldn't have bothered protesting or trying to prove their innocence right? As for the evidence being in ICC's "hands", plenty of people have looked at that ball. You will probably label Woolmer, Waqar, Inzi all bias and disregard their assertion that the ball didn't look to be tampered with. However, now an independent official also examined it and arrived at the same conclusion. But you dismiss him as being part of the political process. 8-)

Fair decision by Ranjan Madugale,IMO.Inzi deserved to be punished for his absentmindedness,bringing the game to disrepute & for not knowing the rules.Now,I think Darrell Hair should not be allowed to ever umpire in an international game.

BTW,who's gonna captain Pakistan in the champions trophy?Younis Khan?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fusion said:
So let me ask you something. How can Pakistan have proven their innocence in your eyes? Because according to you, this decision was based on politics. And you are saying that ICC would punish Hair, but not Pakistan due to fear of PCB. So based on this logic, there is no way to vindicate Pakistan! They were guilty the moment Hair labeled them as such and they shouldn't have bothered protesting or trying to prove their innocence right? As for the evidence being in ICC's "hands", plenty of people have looked at that ball. You will probably label Woolmer, Waqar, Inzi all bias and disregard their assertion that the ball didn't look to be tampered with. However, now an independent official also examined it and arrived at the same conclusion. But you dismiss him as being part of the political process. 8-)
Pakistan could not be proven innocent in this case why the verdict is "not guilty". Even if the ICC weren't as bent as a nine bob note they couldn't have proven the innocence of Pakistan, short of the ball being in mint condition and having no marks whatsoever.

If you'd have been familiar with some of the famous whitewashes of recent times of the Blair administration in Britain you'd realise it's not hard to find an 'independent official' who isn't that independent - Blair managed to find bent judges who're on so much money you'd think they'd be uncorruptable.

R_D

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Pakistan could not be proven innocent in this case why the verdict is "not guilty".
Yes i beleive thats what most sane people were trying to argue during that farce that Hair didn't have enough proof to accuse Pakistan of bowl tempering in the first place but if i remember correctly you had the view that I'm sure Hair has proof and it'll be out when the actual hearing happens.
And now you do a complete you turn and say its a political decision because Pakistan's been cleared ... lol.. so in an ideal situation for you would've been that pakistan should've been called ball tempers whether there was evidance or not eh ? :laugh:

In case you didn't know Ranjan Mudagalle is from Sri Lanka.. ( Sub-cont).

R_D

International Debutant
Fair ruling by Ranjan Mudagalle Inzi had to get the ban for bringing teh game into disrepute and everyone knew there wasn't sufficent evidance against Pakistan and Hair was just being his usual authoritive self. Llets hope ICC also punishes umpires for their part as well. As they say it takes 2 to tango.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
that ended as well as it could have, good for inzy and co....somehow i still have doubts on whether hair will go quietly...from all that we've seen, the guy is really thick-skinned and these sort of things just bounce right off him....

Legglancer

State Regular
Ranjan Madugle comments "In my judgment, the marks are as consistent with normal wear and tear of a match ball after 56 overs as they are with deliberate human intervention"

This further ratifies that Hair is Biased or in the least lacks proper judgement .... Shouldent Hair also be punished for his behaviour ?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hair could have done what Doctrove wanted to do, give it a bit more time. I don't know if Hair is biased or not, but he sure loves controversy.

Legglancer

State Regular
nightprowler10 said:
Hair could have done what Doctrove wanted to do, give it a bit more time. I don't know if Hair is biased or not, but he sure loves controversy.

Hair accused a team of cheating without Evidence ...... according to the ICC Official Madugalle. An Umpire has the authority and the right to make such decisions but with Authority comes Responsibility. Hair by his actions has amply demonstrated that his judgement is biased and clouded by his Ego. Hence he should no longer be allowed in International cricket .....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
Pretty much what was expected. I expect the PCB will appeal, but they should be pretty pleased with the outcome.
He got the minimum possible punishment - no point in appealing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good outcome really IMO, I think the lenient four ODI ban handed out to Inzi was a bit of an admission from the ICC that one of their guys messed up pretty badly..

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Fair result and the only one that really could have been given in this situtation...I don't believe there's any point in appealing but I guess we just wait to see what happens next (if anything)...

Legglancer

State Regular
Pakistan 'vindicated' by verdict

Until his contract runs out in March we would not like to have Darrell Hair umpire our matches

Shaharyar Khan
Pakistan cricket chief Shaharyar Khan feels "totally vindicated" following the decision to exonerate captain Inzamam-ul-Haq of ball-tampering.

But Khan has reiterated Pakistan's desire that Australian umpire Darrell Hair should not officiate at future matches played by Inzamam's team.

He did not elaborate on why Pakistan had in the past put in requests for Hair not to officiate in matches.

But he added: "It was a time-bomb waiting to go off. It went off."

News conference: PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan
Statement: ICC spokesman Brian Murgatroyd

Khan said the not guilty verdict on the ball-tampering charge "had removed a slur on the good name of our team, and our country".

The Pakistan Cricket Board chairman went on: "It has also restored faith in the game of cricket.

"On this very sensitive issue of cheating... cheating, there has been a very clear verdict."

Umpire Hair was one of the central figures as Pakistan forfeited the fourth Test at The Oval in August.

And Pakistan hope to avoid him in the future, though he remains one of the International Cricket Council's elite umpires.

Khan said: "Until his contract runs out in March we would not like to have Darrell Hair umpire our matches.

"We have never raised any objection to any elite or international umpire. But we have asked the ICC - in the near future, please do not appoint Mr Hair. I don't think it's right.

"We have objected to him over a long period of time."

Khan said he felt "very aggrieved" about his team having to face Hair for four successive series leading up to the one in England.