• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

adub

International Captain
I've said for years he just needed to be batting 3/4 for the Vics and forced to take responsibility for building the innings. ****ing Wade batting him below him was a joke. He's always had more shots than just about anyone going around, Just needed some consistent treatment from selectors and some faith to let him work out how to be a proper top order bat.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and in India he proved he has the ability to concentrate as well. I feel like that innings got forgotten way too quickly. He proved a lot of haters wrong that day. But it's always 'what have you done for me lately'

Gnske

Mehh Heazlett's return over, disappointing.

Mennie looks like he's bowling with respectful pace all of a sudden.

SeamUp

International Coach
IMO he has an excellent technique

It's always been the mental side that has let him down
I've said for years he just needed to be batting 3/4 for the Vics and forced to take responsibility for building the innings. ****ing Wade batting him below him was a joke. He's always had more shots than just about anyone going around, Just needed some consistent treatment from selectors and some faith to let him work out how to be a proper top order bat.
It is probably more his mind-srt being patient enough with his technique. You would just hate for him to lose his shape and get dismissed terribly in a test as you know what will come after.

adub

International Captain
I reckon this is worse than the first day at NSO.

As much as I love Dougeh! it's time. Problem is we just don't have anyone to replace him.

mr_mister

As much as I love Dougeh! it's time. Problem is we just don't have anyone to replace him.

yeah time to put the old bull out to pasture

just play the extra batting all rounder. we have enough of them

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Leading wicket taker in this match so far. Not really the problem. Abbott bowling like a drain seems like it's been the real killer.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tassie making Nev's decision look worse than Root's so far.

Hughes at first slip making it even worse.
haven't watched anything yet but bowling is the de facto choice in this scenario right. You've already lost a day to rain, the most likely path to an outright victory is rolling the team for 200 odd and then smacking 400 odd

stephen

haven't watched anything yet but bowling is the de facto choice in this scenario right. You've already lost a day to rain, the most likely path to an outright victory is rolling the team for 200 odd and then smacking 400 odd
Looks like Tas are taking that approach - make 400 them roll NSW twice.

NSW 3-5 right now. Why does Maddinson get so many chances?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If only there was some young bloke averaging nearly 100 in first grade this season and who has broken all time batting records for the oldest cricket club in Australia.

adub

International Captain
Maddinson is in dire dire form. And why they are trying to make him an opener again is beyond a mystery. Frankly batting him any higher than 5 atm is a joke. We probably don't really have much depth to call on (Burgey's adult not quite son notwithstanding) but it's just god awful that Cowan is batting down at 5 and Maddinson is being embarrassed and embarrassing at the top of the order.

Gnske

Just quietly, Bell and Rogers have been pretty good finds for Tasmania so far this season.