• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carey pulling out his annual decent performance with the bat against Queensland. I can't say I'm totally shocked.

Queensland's fast bowling attack is dire this match. Wildermuth could be the best of the lot!

NSW not learning their lesson from the English. At least they'll not have to bowl too much since the game is only going to last 3 days.

Maxwell must be frustrated at the rain delay. A century here could cement his spot in the WACA test.

stephen

"Dour" doesn't even come close to what's happening in the Tas vs NSW game. Rr 1.9! In a game that's been reduced to 3 days.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's a bit goofy, given his batting at least to me always looked his stronger suit.
Yeah he's only taken his bowling remotely seriously pretty regularly I think; a couple of years back he was bowling almost exclusively left arm orthodox rather than the wrist spin he bowls now.

Someone on here (brockley I think?) suggested that he might end up 'doing a Brad Hogg' and focusing more on his bowling after he had that OD success with the pill -- looks like he might've been onto something. To me he should be at seven in this lineup though, or eight at the very lowest. Nine is silly.

adub

International Captain
Renshaw and Cartwright have absolutely fallen off the twig. They should just go and sit on a beach in Bali for a few weeks.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not in the Maxi love camp.

But no doubt he should be next to prove if he can or can't. It needs settling.

mr_mister

Not in the Maxi love camp.

But no doubt he should be next to prove if he can or can't. It needs settling.
His 140 against SL in that t20 when the rest of Australia couldn't score a run all tour cemented Maxwell as pure entertainment for me. The bloke has something special to his batting

SeamUp

International Coach
His 140 against SL in that t20 when the rest of Australia couldn't score a run all tour cemented Maxwell as pure entertainment for me. The bloke has something special to his batting
Yep, he does have a bit of flair to him. That is why it is interesting to see if his technique can hold when the going gets tough.

social

Yep, he does have a bit of flair to him. That is why it is interesting to see if his technique can hold when the going gets tough.
IMO he has an excellent technique

It's always been the mental side that has let him down