• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

brockley

International Captain
Is this the changing of the guard in NSW cricket?
The end of Maddinson?Larken?Nevill?O'keefe? Bollinger? Abbott? Copeland?Henriques?
These guys been round a long while,is it time to show some of them the selectorial door?
I make a prediction NSW won't make the Shield Final.
Instead a case of Newbies carrying the boat 2nd half of the season.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does Larkin just absolutely belt out runs in grade? I'm confused as to why he's playing tbh.

Edit: Just checked mycricket as to not be lazy, I guess he's still using last year's earnings. That Josh Clarke fella any good actually?

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
Larkin does belt Grade runs. Maddinson probably just needs to go to SA. Or something. He definitely should be on the chopping block. I think Dougeh is done,

No way Nev, SOK and Moz aren't in our best 11 even with the Test players available. Copes and Abb00t are certs when they're not.

The problem is we just haven't produced a proper FC cricketer since KPat (and he's not having a great season). It's a long time to not have someone come through and make themselves undroppable. Very different to that period where Uzi, Smith, Prince, Warner, Henriques, Starc, Haze, Cummins, Maddinson and Copes all debuted between 2006 and 2011. Bar a keeper that's a test side all coming through one state in 4 seasons (and SOK was the season before but didn't play his second until 2009).

Last edited:

Gnske

Yeah for Maddog I don't think he'll actually get cut even if he is so awful for the rest of the season, or gets dropped after the 50 over tournament he had, plus his value at Sydney based BBL clubs. I'd imagine Abbott, Larkin and Bollinger are most at risk.

For Nic's part, doing an Usman or Hughes might be in his best interests. The same might apply for Abbott actually, I haven't a clue what Abbott's role is supposed to be and I'm not sure NSW know.

Edit: Actually would Abbott be marketable? Would anyone be interested in the all-round or bowling version of him?

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
Doran is keeping btw.

Have Wade and Paine swapped position as 3rd choice keeper for Tassie?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does Larkin just absolutely belt out runs in grade? I'm confused as to why he's playing tbh.

Edit: Just checked mycricket as to not be lazy, I guess he's still using last year's earnings. That Josh Clarke fella any good actually?
Don't blame me I wanted to drop him and nobody backed me up. But he did get twin 150s in the FL a few weeks back

Cowan opening, Sad Dog to 5, Larkin out for Burgey's large adult son or Sangha or Gibson and KPat to 3 would make me happier

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I think he's mainly living off ridiculous Futures League output.

It'd probably be better for everyone if he went off to play Test cricket for Ireland instead though.

Gnske

Interesting, behind in the game and short of a ton on a flat deck, so Jimmy Peirson chooses to declare.

He's going to be one of those captains I see.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
200 not out for Burns with Qld declaring at 5-389 following SA's 485. Seems like a road up in Cairns.

Burns scored 81 & 103 in the last match too.

stephen

200 not out for Burns with Qld declaring at 5-389 following SA's 485. Seems like a road up in Cairns.

Burns scored 81 & 103 in the last match too.
Yeah he's quietly compiling the numbers this season. Might force his way back into contention soon.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think he's mainly living off ridiculous Futures League output.

It'd probably be better for everyone if he went off to play Test cricket for Ireland instead though.
From what I've heard he was giving NSW one last crack -- didn't go over there last winter. Wouldn't be surprised if he calls it after this season and goes the Ireland route.