• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Khawaja is our best batsman right now, he shouldn't be feeling too much pressure.

Then again for a tour to Asia (or close enough to it) you never know with him

Burgey

Starc bowling some decent wheels in the nets today. Looks like he's preparing ok for the new season*

*cue foot injury which leaves him out til November.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Khawaja is our best batsman right now, he shouldn't be feeling too much pressure.

Then again for a tour to Asia (or close enough to it) you never know with him
I can't help but feel he'll EVENTUALLY do something in spinning conditions. He seems to let the situation and the pressure get to him whenever he's had his disasters. Albeit there are technical factors there too.

Just needs to relax, I think the first time I can recall him looking happy batting in tests was in Perth during that second hundred of his.

brockley

International Captain
He's only playing 2 tests how much damage can he do.Oh yes he is Khawajah.
As I said he will star in the One Dayers and get picked on that form,no matter how he does in the 4 dayers vs India A.

Burgey

Round one of first grade is a one dayer at Old Kings with Parra taking on Warner’s Eastern Suburbs. Should be good viewing.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Khawaja has always copped criticisms of being lazy and not committed so losing the weight might be his way of saying "I'm deadly serious about wanting to play for Australia" in a language that the selectors and coach understand.
They would know that by how he is fitness wise by the constant monitoring of contracted players fitness and the various camps they hold between series.

This seemed to be aimed at winning over the public and convincing them the perception of him being an enormously talented but enigmatic cricketer who doesn’t make full use of his talent is a thing of the past.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Planning for NSW is interesting.

The following batsmen averaged over 40 with 350+ runs for NSW Metro & ACT/NSW Future teams.

1. Daniel Solway 416 @ 41.60
2. Justin Avendano 425 @ 47.22
3. Jay Lenton 538 @ 53.80
4. Nick Bertus 374 @ 53.42 (Burgey's Bertmentum)

Better than contracted Jordan Gauci, Ryan Gibson, Arjun Nair

From u19 cricket Param Uppal and Tom Engelbrect who both bat and bowl seemingly adjusted well to Futures cricket with strong performances. Jack Edwards did alright although much expected from Jason Sangha after scoring a 100 against England but couldn't do much in Futures.

The spin bowling and seam bowling seems so disorganised and unsure of pecking orders seemingly due to their mixed selections.
Jay Lenton @53 and he has lost his state contract. Go figure. Imho opinion Sangha, Gibson, Jack Edwards and Uppal are the future for the Blues. Tho not discounting mystery spinner Arjun Nair.

Last edited:

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Having lived in Tassie for a decade I have a soft spot for them. What of its future. I see little lite at end of the tunnel. The Tigers were moderate last season even with George Bailey piling on the runs. They need to start producing the next Boon or Ponting. They also need to nurture some state quality bowlers instead of constantly importing them from other states.. There was a bloke named Kingston a year or so ago. What happened to him?

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Got it wrong A series starts tomorrow.We play India A.
No teams for the other sides.
Click here to get Aussie A One Day line up,and Aussie A 4 day squad.
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/usm...r-pakistan-tests-langer-selections/2018-08-13
Is this being televised or live streamed to your knowledge?

Huge opportunity for these A blokes to make the UAE squad. Who do you see being on the plane? First bowler imho should be Chris Tremain.. the Dubbo born lad who was forced out of the Blues system like so many before him. Is there a A thread?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
There was a bloke named Kingston a year or so ago. What happened to him?
Hamish Kingston? Yeah he just regained his Tasmania contract, lost it before the start of last season but earned a contract back on strong grade performances. Personally I get the impression he is better as a limited overs bowler but I guess we can just wait and see.

brockley

International Captain
Kris not sure televised yet,hunting around the Indian sites atm.
I think Kurt Patterson is a smokey,Handscomb will have a good series.
Bowling wise my money on Swepson and Tremain,and Jhye Richardson,maybe Brendon Doggart.

Burgey

It's not til the end of September. Is the CPL still going then?

Though Burgeinho told me last night Warner is apparently with Randwick-Petersham anyway. I think Parra has them round 5, and Sutherland shortly thereafter.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this being televised or live streamed to your knowledge?

Huge opportunity for these A blokes to make the UAE squad. Who do you see being on the plane? First bowler imho should be Chris Tremain.. the Dubbo born lad who was forced out of the Blues system like so many before him. Is there a A thread?
Tbf to Tremain, he was behind Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins in the system plus Bollinger and Copeland. A move to Vic was great for him because he had less competition to break into the state squad.