• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and in grade cricket, batting wins matches. Bowling much less so than at the highest level.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opportunities for bowlers to progress are so much harder though. For a fast bowler if you cannot start at 125+ you have no hope of developing to an international standard. It's also harder to impress, particularly for spin bowlers since you're limited buy how good of a buddy you are with the captain to get overs. And if your team can't catch, which they likely can't at the lower levels you can never impress.

Batsmen though have a much more relaxing time in senior cricket, which is probably why more of them stay.
I think you'll find the standard of fielding in grade cricket is actually pretty damn good these days.

stephen

I think you'll find the standard of fielding in grade cricket is actually pretty damn good these days.
Firsts and maybe seconds but anything lower than that really isn't. I guess it depends on the area as well. When I was playing club the fielders in 3-6s training missed the stumps more often than Warner and would drop half their catches.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
What was your 2017/18 Shield Team.

This was mine.

Matt Renshaw (QLD)
Jake Weatherald (SA)
Marnus Labuchagne (QLD)
Joe Burns (QLD)
Travis Head (SA)
Jake Doran (TAS)
Alex Carey (SA)
Chris Tremain (VIC)
Nick Winter (SA)
Trent Copeland (NSW)
Mitchell Swepson (QLD)
Twelth man was a close one but I went for newcomer Tom Rogers. (TAS)

I made my choice from the most consistent players over both sections of the Shield. Sadly the Chrissie\BBL break causes players and teams to lose momentum and that is reflected in their performances. There were also players that gained ground from last season and those that lost it.

While it was good to see some talented youngsters on display it is also gratifying to see veterans like Cameron White (VIC), Callum Ferguson (SA)and George Bailey (TAS) still plying their trade with aplomb.

Most improved were Daniel Hughes (NSW), Jimmy Pierson (QLD) Marcus Harris (VIC), Glenn Maxwell,(VIC) Michael Neser. (TAS)
Best Rookies: Nick Winter (SA), Tom Rodgers (TAS), Josh Philippe (WA), Josh Inglis (WA), Jack Wildermuth (QLD.. It saddens me that as a long time Blues supporter there are no players from my state.. except in the DUD of the Year column. Have your say.

Last edited:

Gnske

It makes me mad that Tom Rogers will fade like a regular Jade Herrick next season instead of swooning like a graceful swan.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
#Bertmentum at preseason this morning, adopting the usual State player position of standing behind the nets chatting because CNSW say he’s not allowed to train with his club side.

brockley

International Captain
Wonder if Sandhu is marked for Rogers spot,considering he is the only likely spinner since they won't pick a conventional spinner.Since Webster has gone downhill.Lucky to get a game with bat and ball.The Colin Miller experiment is on.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wonder if Sandhu is marked for Rogers spot,considering he is the only likely spinner since they won't pick a conventional spinner.Since Webster has gone downhill.Lucky to get a game with bat and ball.The Colin Miller experiment is on.
Hey fellow cricket lover. I dont mean to be presumptuous as you have been here a lot longer than I. But please can you combine a quote with your text so this dummy can follow you. Thanks muchly.

Last edited:

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why has the Blues only the one rookie this year..Jordan Gauci?

Someone please explain to me how Larkin and Dwarhuis have earned new contracts.

I dont think much of these blokes..Stobo, Hatcher.. in our pace attack. Harry Conway is a gentle giant. He needs some brute into his game if he is to cement his spot imho. Suppose Mickey Edwards and Henry Thornton show some promise.

Last edited:

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fill me in.