• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia’s Next Test Captain

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We went up for a holiday at Byron last year and the house we stayed in was in the same street as the lesser Hemsworth, Luke. Bumped into him a couple of times on the beach, or as Mrs Burgey called them, “Hemsworth encounters.”

they aren’t really “encounters” if you’re looking over his back fence though
Luke was good enough to play Thor :p

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Luke's done very well for himself, if I were him I'd probably have the biggest inferiority complex in the history of mankind with those 2 for brothers.

(inb4 "TJB you already do have the biggest inferiority complex in the history of mankind")

Howsie

International Captain
Oh please give it back to Steve Smith. All you’re quicks hate his guts so with a little bit of luck that might force them into early retirement rather than play with that plonker leading the team for the next five years.

Spikey

And fmd it'd be better #content than Ultimate Tag or whatever it is Channel 7's banking on once this BBL season finishes in 2029
I dunno, someone does a headscissors take down in the ad

Gob

International Coach
Starceh is a good candidate imo.

Intuitive thinker in addition to being a great bowler

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Go full heel and give it to Warner, IMHO.

I mean Paine essentially got the gig because he was a good bloke and safe pair of hands (literally and metaphorically), after, y'know, but if he's going to be an arsehole now and drop stuff too at least give it to an arsehole who's good at cricket.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It’s a shame neither or both of Aaron Finch or Chris Lynn have been able to forge test careers because they’re the two best leaders of men in Aust cricket by a fair margin imo.

Burgey

It’s a shame neither or both of Aaron Finch or Chris Lynn have been able to forge test careers because they’re the two best leaders of men in Aust cricket by a fair margin imo.
Ben Cutting dislikes this post

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Incomplete list of people I'd take as Australian Test captain over Chris Lynn:
1. Usman Khawaja
2. Nick Larkin
3. Moises Henriques
4. Peter Nevill
5. Travis Head
6. Alex Carey
7. Glenn Maxwell
8. Pat Cummins
9. Aaron Finch
10. Steve Smith
[...]
94. Luke Butterworth
95. Mitchell Johnson
96. Burgey
97. Burgeinho
98. Tanveer Sangha
99. Jason Sangha
100. Tim Paine

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Finch would be quite decent imo, but the selectors did him dirty by asking him to open against a quality attack. Unsurprisingly didn't end well

Red

I didn’t realise ppl don’t rate Lynn. Is there a story? I haven’t really watched bbl much this year.

Red

Finch would be quite decent imo, but the selectors did him dirty by asking him to open against a quality attack. Unsurprisingly didn't end well
Yeh could’ve bedded in at 5 or 6 and done well