• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I've done that, and chased them all by email but not received anything as yet - at a bit of a loss as to what to do to be honest.

Admittedly GI and BI haven't been on in the last 2 days, but how long should I wait?
I guess waiting for another 20-25 hours should be enough...

Himannv

International Coach
You've already given them an extra 24 hours in addition to the 5 days originally planned. If you've gone to the extent of sending mails and messages as well I think its fair enough to call it now.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You've already given them an extra 24 hours in addition to the 5 days originally planned. If you've gone to the extent of sending mails and messages as well I think its fair enough to call it now.
I agree.
I think the bids should be called now.

Perhaps we wait 2 days more for their nominations ,which if not submitted we should look for replacements.

I think we should also seek a replacement for Zinzan now.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sorry for holding this up, guys. Been very busy of late, and honestly thought the deadline was wednesday. I'll mail Marc rightaway.

Himannv

International Coach
*yawn* Shall we proceed?

EDIT: Since this is still open, decided to change my bids.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Round 1 results

Apologies for the delay - unfortunately still had 2 people not submitting, Nnanden and biased indian so they end up paying the maximum bid ($3,000,222) for their players.

The following have been drafted:

C Cairns - G.I.Joe
E Chatfield - biased indian
MS Dhoni - Blakus
A Flintoff - Cevno
A Gilchrist - Pothas
J Gillespie - honestbharani
I Harvey - Nnanden
Imran Khan - Noble One
N Knight - Somerset
S Pollock - weldone
J Rhodes - Himannv
Wasim Akram - Pskov

For the record, the 2 players I added were A Agarkar and N Knight

The winning bids were (from lowest to highest) - $500,201, $1,111,111, $1,163,200, $1,500,011, $1,600,000, $1,801,074, $1,905,000, $2,850,000, $3,000,022, $3,000,222.

Round 2 is open with the following players available:

A Agarkar
S Bond
M Clarke
R Hadlee
S Jayasuriya
J Kemp
L Klusener
M Muralitharan
V Richards
M Sami
G Sobers
S Tikolo

Deadline of 4 pm Monday please.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Gee, my bids were way below what everyone else was prepared to pay in that round. My highest bid was below the top six amounts listed by Marc! Knight's not a bad player to have and I've got a budget advantage already though it would've been nice to have one of Gilchrist, Pollock, Akram and Imran Khan in particular.

Himannv

International Coach
Wow, people are certainly throwing their money about. Well Rhodes is a great aqusition in anycase.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Well I decided to take the Silentstriker approach with my keeper bids this round. Dhoni is a brilliant player to design a team around.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Some big big money going arround there .

Basically some people have paid more than twice over average for some players.

I am pretty happy to have gotten Flintoff for the price i got him for.Pretty reasonable considering the highest bids. So pretty pleased to have gotten a top all rounder for that price.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I decided to take the Silentstriker approach with my keeper bids this round. Dhoni is a brilliant player to design a team around.
Yeah same with me. Felt that in ODI's it is especially important to get a handfull of key players, keeper and an agressive opener are vital roles and Gilchrist does both.

pskov

International 12th Man
Very pleased with getting Wasim, arguably the best ODI bowler ever and a very handy lower order hitter too. Paid a premium to get him, but the. I honk you have to if you want the very best.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
lol at the top 3 bids, and my sympathies with Nnaden and BI :P ...I guess these 5 drafters now stand a somewhat lesser chance of making a well-balanced ODI side with 11 non-duds. (Of course, they still have a chance to bounce back, as there is a lot of time and money left in this game.)

And as the lowest accepted bid on the list has been spent on someone other than Ian Harvey (as Nnaden has got Harvey), that is an excellent job done. That's actually getting a very good ODI player almost dirt cheap. Well done.

Very happy with the great Shaun Pollock, more so because I feel I didn't have to pay an insane amount to get one of the all-time ODI champions.

Pollock has trully been a champion ODI bowler, as mean and effective as McGrath in an batsmen-friendly era and one of the two sultans of swing of the 90's (the other being Wasim Akram). And in Pollock I get an immensely effective no. 7 or no. 8 batsman for the end overs. He surely is going to be a key player in my side (and needless to say, not the only one as I haven't spent an insane amount on him).

Round 2 is going to be somewhat different from round 1. Round 1 had a good mix of all-time greats, very good ODI players and mediocres. But in round 2, no. of all-time greats and no. of mediocres/duds have both increased, thereby narrowing the middle layer. It surely is going to be interesting in this round.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
lol at the top 3 bids, and my sympathies with Nnaden and BI :P ...I guess these 5 drafters now stand a somewhat lesser chance of making a well-balanced ODI side with 11 non-duds. (Of course, they still have a chance to bounce back, as there is a lot of time and money left in this game.)

And as the lowest accepted bid on the list has been spent on someone other than Ian Harvey (as Nnaden has got Harvey), that is an excellent job done. That's actually getting a very good ODI player almost dirt cheap. Well done.

Very happy with the great Shaun Pollock, more so because I feel I didn't have to pay an insane amount to get one of the all-time ODI champions.

Pollock has trully been a champion ODI bowler, as mean and effective as McGrath in an batsmen-friendly era and one of the two sultans of swing of the 90's (the other being Wasim Akram). And in Pollock I get an immensely effective no. 7 or no. 8 batsman for the end overs. He surely is going to be a key player in my side (and needless to say, not the only one as I haven't spent an insane amount on him).

Round 2 is going to be somewhat different from round 1. Round 1 had a good mix of all-time greats, very good ODI players and mediocres. But in round 2, no. of all-time greats and no. of mediocres/duds have both increased, thereby narrowing the middle layer. It surely is going to be interesting in this round.
Analysing the bids, I would probably have got Pollock if I hadn't changed my bids last minute. I figured I was paying too much. As far as Jonty is concerned, great value for money and one of my favourite players to boot. No guesses to who will be fielding at backward point.