• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG 'Mixed Experience' Test XI - Draft

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you have 11 players then you could have a rule whereby each player must pick from a different Range for each round. That is, you can't have 2 picks from the 30-36 Range in the same Round, for example. Might provide for some interesting tactics in the later rounds where each player is trying to block someone else from getting their favoured pick.
Happy if that's what the consensus is.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If you have 11 players then you could have a rule whereby each player must pick from a different Range for each round. That is, you can't have 2 picks from the 30-36 Range in the same Round, for example. Might provide for some interesting tactics in the later rounds where each player is trying to block someone else from getting their favoured pick.
it might become luck dependant a bit due to order

Zinzan

it might become luck dependant a bit due to order
Yeah, that was my only thought. Basically all the best players will nabbed in the first two rounds that way, whereas the idea of an order at least distributes the quality slightly.

The other option is a reversing the order. starting with the 25-29 range and finishing with the 119+ group, so the quality will be weighted more towards the end.

Again happy whatever the consensus is.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's always better to not fix which round has which criteria. Else it's basically about stack ranking and picking best players from each round. Keeping it open means you will need to build some strategies.

Zinzan

Non-fixed or open rounds seem to be the consensus, so let's go with that.

Also, depending on what people think, we also could incorporate Watson's suggestion that you cannot pick from the same range as anyone who picked before you on a given round. The only complication being we have about 14 players, and not 11. So for this to work we could do 1 of 2 options

1) If we're reversing the order every 2nd round, we could have it that player 11 (in the order) gets to select player 12s range after picking himself & then player 12 picks for 13 etc. Otherwise it would be too much of an advantage being 1st or last with a reversing order.

or

2) Allow players 12-14th in the order to pick for themselves (no more than a 2nd range per round), but randomizing every single round, as opposed to reversing every 2nd.

I think the first could be interesting, but if either is over-complicating things, we could just go with the plain open rounds with no restrictions, provided everyone uses all 11 ranges.

Anyway, I'll keep it open for some comment & aim to start tomorrow.

So far we have;

1 mr_mister
2 schearzie
3 AndyZaltzHair
4 weldone
5 honestbharani
6 J_C
7 Red Hill
8 WalkingWicket
9 Coronis
10 Am in dude
11 ankitj
12 Agent TBY
13 Camo999
14 Zinzan

A couple were conditional, so let us know if you're not in.

If 3 did want to pull out, 11 would work perfectly with Watson's suggestion.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am again putting this out there....

Random experience level for each round and reveal both experience level and draft order for that round after the previous round is completed. This might make for the best strategies in my opinion. For example, if round one range is 49-56, Zinzan waits till all picks are over and then reveals the experience range for the next round, say 79-87 as well as the draft order. Given that nothing is revealed beforehand, this will make it more of a "think on your feet" draft.

In whichever way Zinzan proposes to do the draft though.. That other ATG rating draft is going at a slower pace than a Malayalam movie...

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Watson's idea is too complicated. It can also lead to a situation where someone gets blocked on same range multiple times and can't finish the team.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was going to put my hand up to take part if still available. I would play without looking up statsguru/player profiles just for the extra challenge.