• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG 'Mixed Experience' Test XI - Draft

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ATG Mixed Experience Test XI - Draft

Extremely basic concept tbh. To pick the best possible XI across players of mixed test experience.

Each round you get to pick a player from within the following number ranges of test matches played.

Round 1 Range >=119 Tests (25 players to pick from)
Round 2 Range 103-118 (28)
Round 3 Range 88-102 (29)
Round 4 Range 79-87 (30)
Round 5 Range 65-78 (43)
Round 6 Range 57-64 (52)
Round 7 Range 49-56 (55)
Round 8 Range 42-48 (64)
Round 9 Range 41-37 (76)
Round 10 Range 30-36 (91)
Round 11 Range 25-29 (105)

Note: all ranges inclusive

I've selected the ranges intentionally to allow more players to pick from as test experience drops off, but it's still quite random as you'll likely notice rounds 3 & 4 look particularly loaded with class.

Rules:

Ideally looking at 10-15 players.

Minimum 25 tests played.

Round 1 will be randomised, round 2 reversed etc. Happy to post all 11 rounds up front unless anyone objects, will make it more strategic.

No Don.

Usual 12 hrs to pick. Can vote through others, 2 consecutive misses will be assumed as quit.

Best team to be voted on by CW experts

No restrictions on all-rounders, no of bowlers etc, the poll will decide the best team/teams

Cheers & good luck. Any suggestions welcome.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
edit - reread it and I understand it better now. Sign me up!

Except for this sentence

"Round 1 will be randomised, round 2 reversed etc. Happy to post all 11 rounds up front unless anyone objects, will make it more strategic. "

Can you elaborate on that? i'm new here

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
In. But can we please start after at least 10 rounds are completed in the other draft?

Zinzan

In. But can we please start after at least 10 rounds are completed in the other draft?
I don't mind if people prefer to wait a few days, only posted today since I have the flu. :happy:

We'll see what others think.

Zinzan

edit - reread it and I understand it better now. Sign me up!

Except for this sentence

"Round 1 will be randomised, round 2 reversed etc. Happy to post all 11 rounds up front unless anyone objects, will make it more strategic. "

Can you elaborate on that? i'm new here
The order for Round 1 will be randomly selected and then it will be reversed for round 2. Example. If you're selected to pick 3rd out of 11 players in round 1, the order is then reversed for round 2 and hence you'll be 3rd to last (or 9th). Round 3 will be randomised again & round 4 reversed.

Once the number of players are confirmed, I can post the order of all rounds in advance allowing for better strategy.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think you should randomize the experience range for each round too.. an not publish the draft order till the round starts, and randomize every round's draft order. That will bring in a lot of uncertainty and different strategies to this draft. I will be in if there is still room and you are ok with my suggestions. At the moment, the draft will hit a low past round 6.

watson

Banned
If you have 11 players then you could have a rule whereby each player must pick from a different Range for each round. That is, you can't have 2 picks from the 30-36 Range in the same Round, for example. Might provide for some interesting tactics in the later rounds where each player is trying to block someone else from getting their favoured pick.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
i think open ranges order will make it more interesting
Agree. Don't make each round specific to a criteria. Just that everyone has to select a player meeting each criteria by draft's end. More tactical and involved.